INQUIRY AND ANALYSIS - Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
INQUIRY AND ANALYSIS - Research and Evidence-Based Inquiry
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL - Ethical and Social Responsibility
Intended Learning Outcomes
01. Demonstrate an understanding of the core analytical concepts relevant to each area of analysis, and the ability to apply them appropriately to new data.
02. Demonstrate an understanding of the issues involved in the basic techniques of data analysis, and evaluate and choose appropriate techniques. Demonstrate an ability to formulate and test hypotheses.
03. Develop and effectively communicate coherent arguments. Cite evidence appropriately and seek out and deploy relevant data for the solution of analytical problems. Engage in scholarly debate, to effectively communicate ideas in writing or by oral presentation using all appropriate aids.
04. Develop, with supervision, an original research programme that is realistic given the time frame and appropriate to the level. Independently undertake successful self-directed study and learning, with appropriate time management.
05. Identify and discuss the technical issues involved in the collection of reliable data. Successfully collect relevant and accurate data. Recognise and evaluate the ethical issues involved in the collection of data from informants in the field or from subjects in the experimental laboratory (if this is relevant).
06. Search out information and produce a succinct, coherent and persuasive synthesis with appropriate acknowledgments and lists of sources, based on a critical application of the theoretical concepts relevant to the field.
Select to view your study options…
Subject not currently offered - Subject options not available.