Be quick and get not one but two $250 energy bonuses

As energy costs rise, make sure you are across all the concessions and savings available to you.

$250 Power Saving bonus

The government has just announced another $250 Power Saving Bonus which will commence after 24 March.

If you have not done so already, check your eligibility and apply now for the $250 Power Saving Bonus by 23 March 2023 and you still be eligible to apply for a second  $250 power saving bonus from 24 March 2023.

The $250 Power Saving Bonus is a $250 payment for all Victorian households to help ease cost-of-living pressures and encourages you to compare energy offers and save money.


  • You must be a Victorian residential energy consumer and have a residential electricity account
  • You must be the account holder
  • Only one payment per householder

All you need to do is register Welcome – Victorian Energy Compare and have your recent electricity account ready in PDF form to upload and compare getting the best deal.

Utility relief grant scheme

The Utility relief grant scheme is available to low-income Victorians experiencing unexpected hardship

  • For account owners with eligible concessions cards e.g health care card in Victoria
  • Grant provides help for electricity, gas, or water bill that is overdue
  • Available to renters and homeowners who are listed on the account
  • Application for a grant is via each utility retailer

Concession Card Holder Victoria

As a concession card holder e.g have a Centrelink Health Care Card make sure you are registered for all energy concessions in Victoria and check with each supplier you are registered for concession rates at Victoria | EnergyAustralia

Resident in another state other than Victoria

To check what utility rebates and assistance you may be eligible for in each state: go to Rebates and assistance |

Anglicare Energy Assistance Program

If you need assistance and free help with working out your energy concessions or how best to conserve your energy costs, the Victorian government has set up an Energy Assistance Program run by Anglicare which can  help make sense and get on top of your electricity or gas bills

Financial Counsellors at La Trobe

If you want more information on energy or are struggling with paying your energy bills or any other bills, don’t forget to contact your Financial Counsellor who will help you in working out your options.

For more information on the range of services, go to our Financial Counselling website.