Zoom is accessible by installing the Zoom Client from the La Trobe Software Centre on your PC/MAC. The Zoom App is also available for mobile devices at the appropriate App stores.
Single Sign On (SSO) is available for La Trobe users.
Please go to the Zoom User Guide for Zoom Getting Started Information.
Zoom can be used successfully for the following situations:
- Via your personal computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones
- Standard meetings with up to 500 participants (meetings with 300+ participants require a Zoom Large Meeting Licence available via Ask ICT)
- Webinars with up to 500 participants (requires a Zoom Webinar Licence available via Ask ICT)
- Screen sharing for online presentations
- Scheduling meetings with Zoom Meeting IDs
- Recording of meetings
- Conference telephone calls
- Call existing LTU traditional Video Conferencing Rooms
- Chat between users
- Online teaching and training
For help and FAQ's please access the La Trobe Zoom User Guide
Please make use of the Zoom.us Help Centre as it is full of up to date articles and videos.
Rooms that have Zoom Enabled
There are a number of video conference meeting rooms at the University which are optimised for using Zoom.
- Video conferencing equipment includes a wall mounted screen, with camera and audio devices.
- Some rooms have a computer and all have connections for laptops.
- Room details such as location, seating capacity and amenities are available in Book La Trobe.
- Zoom enabled rooms appear in the call out list when you invite a room system during a Zoom meeting.
- See the section on Connecting to traditional video conferencing systems for instructions.
See the Zoom user FAQ for further details.