Getting Started Checklist
As a new staff member, we understand that your transition into La Trobe will be both rewarding and at times challenging and as such we have prepared this information handbook to assist you in navigating this process.
We are committed to the wellbeing of all staff and we encourage you to behave in a way that considers both your own safety and that of others.
- Your role at La Trobe – pay and timesheets
- La Trobe Code of Conduct
- Health and Safety
- Health and Wellbeing
Your engagement with La Trobe – pay and timesheets
Pay and timesheets are managed through MyHR, La Trobe University’s Human Resources information system to support you in your HR needs. Easy to use, easy to navigate and immediate access to all your HR information from wherever you access the Internet.
- Online access to payslips and payment summary
- Submit your timesheets online
- Approve overtime, TOIL, On-call and Call-outs
- Manage and review all aspects of your leave
You can also view and manage your employment details on MyHR including:
- Position, personal and payment details
- Payment summary
And you can change and update:
- Your home and postal address
- Your contact details, personal phone number and personal email address
- Emergency contact details
- Your preferred name
- Bank account details – you can now direct your pay into three different bank accounts
For more information, see;
- My HR for Casuals,
- My HR casual time sheet and approval presentation (to access this link you'll need to provide your La Trobe staff user name and password),
- My HR casual user guide (to access this link you'll need to provide your La Trobe staff user name and password),
- Time sheet FAQ (to access this link you'll need to provide your La Trobe staff user name and password),
- Sessional Academic Pay Rates (to access this link you'll need to provide your La Trobe staff user name and password),
- 2018 Payroll Calendar (to access this link you'll need to provide your La Trobe staff user name and password)
Code of Conduct
Our Code of Conduct provides staff with an understanding of the standards that are required when dealing with colleagues, students and the La Trobe University community.
The code articulates the ethical, professional and legal standards upheld by the University and is used to guide decisions and actions in support our vision, values, and strategic objectives.
Please familiarise yourself with our Code of Conduct.
For more information please visit the HR policies website (to access this link you'll need to provide your La Trobe staff user name and password).
Health and Safety
We are committed to preventing workplace injuries, disease and ill health and improving the Health and Safety for all staff, students and visitors to our campuses.
To gain an understanding of how Health and Safety are managed at the University, the resources that are available and the role you play, please read our induction.
Health and Wellbeing
We have a comprehensive Wellbeing program at the University and the services offered include:
- Staff exercise classes
- Flu vaccinations
- Workshops to support mental and physical wellbeing
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
In addition, we encourage all sessional staff to join the Better Life Wellbeing online portal for access to interesting articles, tools, quizzes and online education programs for managing stress, nutrition and physical activity.