La Trobe is committed to addressing the big issues of our time. The Future Ready Strategy is designed to build the capacity of the La Trobe community to effectively address the issues of tomorrow.
Part of this is what we do on our campuses to reduce our footprint. Some of these areas include:
- recycling bins to reduce waste throughout the campuses
- repurposing food waste into compost using the onsite dehydrator
- retrofitting facilities to improve energy and water efficiency
- reducing bottled water consumption by increasing the number of water fountains across our campuses
- generating our own electricity using rooftop solar photovoltaics
- providing a range of Fair Trade products at our on-site shops and cafes through our commitment as an accredited Fair Trade University
- reducing the impact of paper use by purchasing paper with 100% post-consumer waste recycled content.