Getting down to business
What is Getting down to business?
Getting down to business introduces Year 9 to 11 Indigenous students to the world of business. The La Trobe Business School hosts an orientation with an opportunity for a behind the scenes tour of selected businesses.
Business by Degrees - day in the life of a La Trobe University business student
This session gives you an overview of:
- studying business at university
- working with your cultural conceptions and perspectives on business
- the many opportunities for learning about business, and developing career pathways.
During the day, you will:
- experience a day in the life of a university student, exploring your local La Trobe University campus.
- meet La Trobe business academics, and first year coordinators, careers advisers and members of the Indigenous Unit.
- participate in workshops on hospitality, tourism, sport management and marketing hosted by academics from the La Trobe Business School.
When and where
- Melbourne Campus - 11 September 2015
- Bendigo Campus - 4 September 2015
- Shepparton Campus - 14 September 2015
Doing Business – a day in the life of a business
During this business-orientated excursion you will:
- experience the world of business within your local CBD, and reflect on the stories of successful entrepreneurs.
- go behind the scenes of selected local businesses to understand how businesses operate.
- engage with business professionals from a variety of roles within organisations to learn about the fundamentals of running a successful business.
When and where
- Melbourne Campus - Term 4 TBC
- Bendigo Campus - Term 4 TBC
- Shepparton Campus - Term 4 TBC
For more information contact Project Coordinator Hayley Millar.