What will I learn?
Develop skills to be an independent learner by:
- Experiencing what it's like to study at university
- Enjoying face-to-face contact with lecturers in a limited numbers environment
- Experiencing an integrated curriculum where one subject links directly to another in a real-world context
- Be supported to learn with online teaching tools
- Experiencing different forms of assessment
- Learning to work with others.
What can I do to prepare for this program?
- Read - practice reading by reading the newspaper or online blogs
- Talk - practice talking about current affairs and what they mean to you
- Write - practice writing down your thoughts on a topic.
What is the end result?
- This program is an enabling pathway program into La Trobe University aiming to develop understanding, knowledge and skills for successful entry into tertiary study.
- It is a non-award program – which means you receive an academic transcript as a statement of completion but not a course statement. Though not a qualification, it will enable you to access tertiary education through La Trobe.
It will equip you to make decisions about future learning and if you achieve grading requirements it will provide you with an entry pathway into numerous La Trobe courses.
AC1 - Academic culture
AC2 - Academic writing
AC3 - Academic presentations
CT2 - Thinking critically
CT3 - Critical reasoning
CT4 - Critical inquiry
DL1 - Digital literacy
DL2 - Academic digital literacy
DL3 - Professional digital literacy
SC2 - Human body systems
SC3 - Foundation cell biology
SC4 - Foundation chemistry
MA1 - Thinking mathematically
MA2 - Foundation algebra
MA3 - Foundation statistics
ST2 - Thinking scientifically
ST3 - Mathematical communication
ST4 - World changing science