What will I learn?
How to be an independent learner
Develop skills to be an independent learner by:
- Experiencing what it's like to study at university
- Enjoying face-to-face contact with lecturers in a limited numbers environment
- Experiencing an integrated curriculum where one subject links directly to another in a real-world context
- Be supported to learn with online teaching tools
- Experiencing different forms of assessment
- Learning to work with others.
What can I do to prepare for this program?
- Read - practice reading by reading the newspaper or online blogs
- Talk - practice talking about current affairs and what they mean to you
- Write - practice writing down your thoughts on a topic.
What is the end result?
- This program is an enabling pathway program into La Trobe University aiming to develop understanding, knowledge and skills for successful entry into tertiary study.
- It is a non-award program – which means you receive an academic transcript as a statement of completion but not a course statement. Though not a qualification, it will enable you to access tertiary education through La Trobe.
It will equip you to make decisions about future learning and if you achieve grading requirements it will provide you with an entry pathway into numerous La Trobe courses.