La Trobe Vietnam Student Ambassador Scholarship
The scholarship offers a 50-100% reduction on annual tuition fees for international students, who will be studying undergraduate or postgraduate coursework programs for the entire duration of their course.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a citizen and resident of Vietnam.
- Apply for direct entry into an eligible program. Click here for list of eligible courses.
- Be 18 years old or older at the commencement of the course; or must live with a student guardian approved by the Department of Home Affairs until they turn 18 years of age.
- Have achieved a minimum academic performance equivalent to an overall WAM* of 85% for high school students, or 75% for university students.
- Commence their studies at any of the La Trobe University Victorian Campuses in 2024.
- Have a valid English language proficiency result of minimum IELTS Academic 7.0 overall score and no band under 7.0, or equivalent.
- Meet all other conditions stated on the Offer Letter within prescribed deadline.
- The scholarship award recipient must be willing to perform the duties of a La Trobe University Vietnam Student Ambassador during their enrolment.
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
The successful candidate(s) will be selected by La Trobe Scholarship Committee, based on the following criteria:
- Academic Performance
- English Language Proficiency
- Extra Curriculum/Social Activities
- Demonstrated potentials to fulfil the role of a Student Ambassador
The number of successful candidates is subject to evaluation and decision by La Trobe Scholarship Committee.
- Maintain a full-time enrolment at one of the La Trobe University campuses in Australia and satisfactory academic progress during their studies.
- The scholarship award recipients must be willing to be perform the duties of a La Trobe University Vietnam Student Ambassador during their study period.
- Requests to transfer the scholarship to a new course post-commencement are subject to approval by La Trobe University.
- Please also refer to the terms and conditions included in the Offer Letter.
How to apply
- Applicants must submit a complete application for a course that commences across any of our 2024 intakes at La Trobe University - Victorian campuses.
- Valid English language proficiency result.
- Details/Evidence of any extra curriculum / social activities / high achievement awards.
- A video recording that addresses the following question (video clip should not exceed five (5) minutes): What are the essential attributes a La Trobe University Student Ambassador should possess to effectively motivate and guide future scholars?
* A WAM is an average mark that takes into account the credit point value of the subjects that you have completed. It is based on the actual mark of all subjects completed in your course at any given time.
Who to contact for further information
La Trobe University - Vietnam Office, Vietnam@latrobe.edu.au