La Trobe University Excellence Scholarship
The scholarship offers a 50% reduction on annual tuition fees for international students, who will be studying undergraduate or postgraduate coursework programs for the entire duration of their course.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a citizen and resident of Vietnam.
- Be applying for one of the La Trobe International Scholarship (LTIS) list of eligible courses.
- Be 18 years old or older at the commencement of the course; or must live with a student guardian approved by the Department of Home Affairs until they turn 18 years of age.
- Have an overall WAM* achievement of 80% or above.
- Commence their studies at any of the La Trobe University Victorian Campuses in 2023.
- Meet the University's English language requirements and all other conditions stated on the Offer Letter.
- As a scholarship award recipient, the student should be willing to be an International student ambassador for La Trobe University during their studies.
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
Academic performance, extra-curricular activities, and any other outstanding achievements.
- Maintain a full-time enrolment at one of the La Trobe University campuses in Australia and satisfactory academic progress during their studies.
- The scholarship award recipients must be willing to be an international student ambassador for La Trobe International during their study period.
- Please also refer to the terms and conditions included in the Offer Letter.
How to apply
- Applicants must submit a complete application for the course commencing in Semester 1 (February) or Semester 2 (July) or Summer 1 / Term 6 (November) intake of 2023 at La Trobe University - Victorian campuses.
- Applicants must also provide the following documents before the application closing date:
- A detailed resume
- A personal statement of no more than 300 words or a 3-4 minute video to detail "Why you should be awarded with the La Trobe University Excellence Scholarship".
Semester 1 2023
Semester 2 2023
Summer 1 / Term 6 2023
Application submission deadline (To be considered for the scholarship)
27 November 2022
23 April 2023
30 July 2023
Scholarship selection process
28 November - 11 December 2022
24 April - 7 May 2023
31 July - 6 August 2023
Announcement of the scholarship awardees
12 December 2022
8 May 2023
7 August 2023
* A WAM is an average mark that takes into account the credit point value of the subjects that you have completed. It is based on the actual mark of all subjects completed in your course at any given time.
Who to contact for further information
La Trobe Vietnam Office, Vietnam@latrobe.edu.au