Where ideas become breakthroughs
At La Trobe, you'll join bold and independent thinkers, challenge convention, and graduate ready to change the world.
Watch, listen and read about our ideas and research:
- – a series of talks by our academics that challenge you to think differently about contemporary issues and ideas.
- Ideas and Society – we've brought some of Australia's leading thinkers and public figures together in a series of debates and public lectures that consider some of the most pressing issues of our time.
- Knowledge Blog – where we explore topics like the impact of social media on the law and the implications of breakthrough research.
Research at La Trobe
Our researchers are leaders in their fields. Our five Research Focus Areas show our strengths in areas that matter to the Australian community:
- understanding disease
- securing food water and the environment
- building healthy communities
- sport, exercise and rehabilitation
- transforming human societies.