Am I eligible?
The Hallmark Program is available to Vice-Chancellor Scholarship recipients and current La Trobe University students who meet the eligibility criteria.
Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship recipients
From 2017, Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship recipients will have automatic access to the Hallmark Program and do not need to make a separate application.
A Hallmark staff member will contact you after your enrolment to arrange your first mentoring session.
Current La Trobe students (second-year intake)
From 2018, students who have completed their first year will be eligible to apply for the Hallmark Program. Your application will go through a competitive selection process based on academic merit and a demonstrated interest in leadership and teamwork.
To apply you must:
- have completed 120 credit points of your course by the end of 2017
- have a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) in first year of 75 or higher
- be willing to attend an interview if short-listed for the Program
- provide a written statement in your application about your interest in developing leadership, research and/or professional skills.
If you join the Hallmark Program in your second year you will not be eligible for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship. However, you will have the same access to staff and enrichment opportunities.
Entering the Hallmark Program in second-year gives you access to two exclusive elective subjects:
- HMK2RIA – Research in Action (in second year)
- HMK3BRG – Bridging Research Gaps (in third year)
These subjects are focused on developing your leadership, research and employability skills.
As a participant of the Hallmark Program you will get:
- academic mentoring to help you customise your studies and extracurricular activities to reach your career goals
- fully-funded opportunities to represent La Trobe at national and international events
- an invitation to a Hallmark professional development symposium with exciting speakers held each semester
- access to a close-knit Hallmark Program network that makes it easy and fun to connect with your peers and La Trobe staff.
Applications are now closed for 2018 second year intake.