How to apply for Aspire
Ready to get started? Here's everything you need to know about applying.
Key application dates
- 19 April 2021: Applications open for Semester 1 2022
- Late applications close 3 October 2021
- By October 2021: Early conditional offers released
- January 2022: Confirmed offers released in first round only (in line with VTAC/UAC).
- Check if you’re eligible.
- Fill out the application form. You can nominate up to three courses. Select your course preferences carefully – once an application has been submitted, it can’t be changed until Second Chance Aspire during Change of Preference.*
- Your Aspire offer is available in first round offers only. Preference your Aspire course accordingly:
- Year 12s: To secure your Aspire place, ensure the course you applied for with Aspire is listed among your preferences in VTAC/UAC. The offer you receive from VTAC/UAC will be for the course listed highest on your preference list, assuming you've met all the admission criteria. Remember, your Aspire offer is only available in the first round of offers.
- Non-Year 12s: You’re still required to submit an application through VTAC/UAC in addition to your Aspire application. Make sure the course you apply for in Aspire is the same as in your VTAC/UAC application.
- Submit your application by 3 October 2021.
*Available only to students who don't meet the Aspire ATAR
When you apply for Aspire, you’ll need to provide information about the length and frequency of your community service or volunteering experience, as well as a 400-word description of your involvement and impact.
Your application should respond to the following admission criteria:
- Indicate how long you've been involved in community engagement and/or volunteering.
- Indicate how often you've been involved in community engagement and/or volunteering.
- A 200-word description of your involvement in community service and/or volunteerism (list the activities you've been involved in and describe them for us).
- A 200-word description of the impact of your community service and/or volunteerism.
- describe the impact of your community service and/or volunteerism in the community, including (but not limited to) individuals and groups
- describe how your community service and/or volunteerism has impacted your personal development, including your own learning and skill development.
Sample application form
This sample Aspire application demonstrates what makes a good application.
The written section of the application should be 400 words, give or take 10 per cent (i.e. keep it within 440 words).
If your application is successful, you’ll receive an offer by October — or even earlier for courses without caps on enrolment — which is conditional on:
- meeting the standard course prerequisites and any extra requirements for your chosen course
- meeting the Aspire ATAR for your course (or equivalent from further study)
- placing your Aspire course in your VTAC/UAC preference list.
Confirmed offers will only be released during first round of offers via VTAC/UAC.