How to apply
- June 1 2019: Applications for Semester 1 2020 open. Apply early for your chance to win a $50 JB Hi-Fi Voucher.
- August 31 2019: Applications close
- Mid-September 2019: Early conditional offers released
- Check your eligibility for Aspire.
- Fill out the Aspire application form by August 31 2019. Make sure to respond to the Aspire admission criteria (addressed below).
- Check your Aspire application form. Please select your course preferences carefully – once an application has been submitted, it cannot be changed.
- Preference your Aspire course accordingly:
- Year 12s: To secure your Aspire course, ensure it’s listed as your highest eligible preference in VTAC/UAC.
- Non-Year 12s: You’re still required to submit an application through VTAC/UAC or via direct application to the University in addition to the Aspire application. The course we make you an offer for through Aspire needs to be included either in your VTAC/UAC or direct application as your highest eligible preference.
The Aspire Program admission criteria considers details of your community engagement or volunteerism.
You’re required to provide information about the length and frequency of your community service or volunteering experience, as well as a 400-word description of your involvement and impact.
Your application should respond to the following admission criteria:
- Indicate the length of time involved in community engagement and/or volunteering.
- Indicate the frequency of involvement in community engagement and/or volunteering.
- A 200-word description of your involvement in community service and/or volunteerism.
- Describe how you’ve been involved in community service/volunteerism.
- A 200-word description of the impact of your community service and/or volunteerism.
- Describe the impact of your community service and/or volunteerism in the community, including (but not limited to) individuals and groups.
- Describe how your community service and/or volunteerism has impacted your personal development including your own learning and skill development.
The written section of the application should be no more than 400 words.
This sample Aspire application [DOC 12.5KB] provides insight into what constitutes a good application.
Receiving an offer
If your application is successful, you’ll receive an offer in September which is conditional on:
- Meeting the standard course prerequisites and any extra requirements for your chosen course
- Meeting the minimum Aspire ATAR for your course (or equivalent from further study)
- Placing your Aspire course as your highest eligible preference in VTAC/UAC, or in your direct application for non-Year 12 students.