Who can apply for Aspire?
The Aspire Program is open to current Year-12 students (domestic and on-shore international) and non-year 12 students (aged 21 or over, or who’ll turn 21 in the year that they start their course).
We look for applicants who have gained valuable skills, knowledge and experience through volunteering or making a positive contribution to their community.
Year 12 students
As a Year 12 student, to receive an early conditional offer through Aspire, you must:
- apply direct to La Trobe’s Aspire Program and via VTAC/UAC
- be a domestic Year 12 student
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, or an onshore international student currently studying Year 12 in Australia.
Non-year 12 students
As a student who has finished year 12, to receive an early conditional offer through Aspire, you must:
- apply to La Trobe’s Aspire Program and also submit an application via one of the following processes:
- La Trobe’s CAMS portal (available only for certain courses and to applicants who have not already applied through VTAC)
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- not be eligible for one year or more of credit from previous study.
Receiving an offer
If your application is successful, you’ll receive an offer in September which is conditional on:
- meeting the standard course prerequisites and any extra requirements for your chosen course
- Meeting the minimum Aspire ATAR for your course (or equivalent from further study)
- placing your Aspire course as your highest eligible preference in VTAC/UAC, or in your direct application for non-Year 12 students.