Turn your achievements into opportunities.
If you’ve been a leader. A volunteer. A key part of your community. We want to hear from you. Because we know there’s more to being a good student than marks alone.
Our Aspire Early Admissions Program rewards your involvement in community, leadership and volunteering with an early conditional offer into your chosen course at La Trobe. This means you’ll know if you have a place at university in September or even earlier. You’ll also receive exclusive benefits designed to nurture your skills and give you the support you need to succeed at La Trobe and beyond.
With Aspire, you can lock in your future and set yourself up to succeed now — and when you get here.
Other benefits include:
- access Year 12 revision lectures, as well as hundreds of free VCE and HSC study guides with the Aspire Advantage when you apply
- additional $1,500 funding for student exchange opportunities, just for being an Aspire student**
- the chance to meet and connect with like-minded students who share your goals and passions before you start
- exclusive access to La Trobe events like Ideas and Society
- discounts to the National Gallery of Victoria and our other partners
- leadership opportunities, career development, networking and industry mentoring
- opportunity to be inducted into the Student Excellence Academy
- the opportunity to co-design solutions to the world’s wicked problems with your peers and leading academics in a unique program just for Aspire students
- inducted into the Aspire Society, where you will gain further rewards during your studies.
* Applicable to Year 12 students only.
** Once travel restrictions lift. Conditions apply.
What is an early conditional offer?
A conditional offer means you’ve been accepted into your chosen course at La Trobe, as long as you meet all course prerequisites and other requirements for your course. For example, you might need to have studied Chemistry in Year 12. You’ll also need to meet the minimum ATAR—but as an extra reward, we’ll make that ATAR lower for you. Look for the Aspire ATAR.
With Aspire, you’ll find out if you’ve been (conditionally) accepted into your course in September or even earlier.
To summarise — to receive an early conditional offer as a Year 12 Aspire applicant, you’ll need to:
- meet the minimum ATAR for your course
- meet the standard prerequisites and any special requirements for your course
- place your Aspire course amongst your preferences in the VTAC/UAC preference list.
If you’ve already completed Year 12, Aspire offers the benefit of minimal entry requirements (e.g. ATAR or equivalent academic performance in further study). Talk to us to find out how you should apply.