Turn your community contributions into opportunities.
Have you been a leader? A volunteer? A key part of your community? Then we want to hear from you. Because at La Trobe, we know there’s more to being a good student than just your marks.
Our Aspire Early Admissions Program rewards your involvement in community, leadership and volunteering with an early conditional offer into your chosen course at La Trobe. This means you’ll know if you have a place at university in September, or even earlier.
You’ll also receive exclusive benefits designed to nurture your skills and give you the support you need to succeed at La Trobe and beyond.
With Aspire, you can lock in your future and set yourself up to succeed right now — and when you get here.
Attend an Aspire webinar
Register and attend our Aspire webinars. Find out more about the Aspire Early Admissions Program, see if you're eligible and learn how to write a successful application.
Aspire is our way of saying thanks for giving back to the community. As part of the program, you’ll receive a variety of exciting benefits, including:
Other benefits include:
- the Aspire Advantage,* which includes access to Year 12 revision lectures, as well as hundreds of free VCE and HSC study guides as soon as you've submitted your Aspire application
- additional $1,500 funding for student exchange opportunities, just for being an Aspire student**
- a range of Aspire rewards, including exclusive access to La Trobe events like Ideas and Society, networking opportunities, career development support, industry mentoring, merch, tickets to events, sport memberships, prizes and more
- the opportunity to be inducted into the Student Excellence Academy.
* Applicable to Year 12 students only.
** Once travel restrictions lift. Conditions apply.
Here's how it all works:
Check whether you're eligible for Aspire.
Submit your application (Aspire applications open in April). If you're successful, you'll receive your early conditional offer by October, or even earlier. That means you've been accepted into your course, as long as you meet all the course's requirements.
Include your Aspire course in your VTAC/UAC preference list.
If you meet all prerequisites for your course (for example, having studied a certain subject in Year 12) and achieve the Aspire ATAR you need, your conditional offer will convert into a full offer in December. The Aspire ATAR is often a little different to the regular ATAR and could be the edge you need to nab your dream course.
If you’ve already finished Year 12, Aspire offers the benefit of minimal entry requirements (e.g. ATAR or equivalent academic performance in further study). Talk to us to find out how you should apply.