US Financial Aid

Loans available: Commence studies in July

If you are a new student or a student wishing to transfer from another Australian institution, our Financial Aid Team can answer your questions. We can help you with the application process, programs and eligibility.

If you are a US tourist on a working holiday visa and you want to live and study in Australia, you may also be eligible for US Financial Aid.

La Trobe University is certified by the US Department of Education to administer the William D. Ford Direct Loan Program (US Financial Aid). US Financial Aid is administered by the Financial Aid team at La Trobe International on the Melbourne campus. We help students obtain financial aid loans from the US Department of Education.


US Financial Aid is available to US citizens or US eligible non-citizens who:

  • are enrolled at least half-time
  • are not enrolled in any online courses or units in your course
  • are making Satisfactory Academic Progress
  • are not completing research based in the United States (Master's and PhD students)
  • are not in default on a grant or loan
  • are not enrolled in a Nursing program, Graduate Diploma, Certificate or Postgraduate Diploma programs
  • student must complete their course within 1.5 times of the actual course duration as advised on their letter of offer.

Contact our team

Financial Aid Administrator
La Trobe International

T: +61 3 9479 3313
F: +61 3 9479 3660

Level 3, Sylvia Walton Building
La Trobe University
Melbourne VIC 3086

More information