Guide to Allocation Adjustment Mode
Allocation Adjustment mode (also known as first-in, first-served mode) provides you with the opportunity to:
- check that you have been allocated to a class for all the activities you're enrolled in and resolve any problems
- allocate to any classes to which you have not already been allocated
- change classes, if there are places available.
Unlike Preference Mode, Allocation Adjustment runs on a first-in, first-served basis. The earlier you log in during the Allocation Adjustment period, the greater your chance of getting your desired timetable.
To manage the significant load on the system, opening times are staggered by school.
Allocating to activities
Activities to which you have already been allocated will be flagged with a green icon. You can change these allocations, if alternative classes are available, until the system closes. Please note, however, that as soon as you select a new class, your original class will become available to other students.
If you have any classes that are still Pending (orange) or Unconfirmed (red), you need to manually allocate yourself to these classes.
Hint: look at the classes available for all unallocated activities first, and then start by allocating to the one with the fewest options.
- Select the activity to which you would like to allocate.
- Click 'Select' for your desired time from the list of available options.
- A message will appear confirming your allocation has been saved.
- Repeat this process for each unallocated subject. When there is a green icon next to each activity in the current semester, you are finished.
Why haven't I been allocated to all my classes?
There are several reasons why you might not have been allocated for an activity:
- You didn't submit preferences
- The activity is delivered online and there are no face-to-face classes to allocate to
- None of your preferences were available (for more information about how preferences are allocated see the Guide to Preference Mode)
- There is a clash between 2 or more of your activities
- There are not enough places available (due to unexpectedly large enrolments)
What should I do if I have a clash?
Allocate+ strives to provide each student with a clash-free timetable, but this is not always possible. If you have two subjects that clash, Allocate will randomly choose one to allocate you to, and will leave the second subject unallocated.
Check both subjects to see if you might be able to resolve the issue by choosing different classes.
If this is not possible, check to see if either of the subjects is on the Approved Clash List. If one of the activities is on the approved clash list, contact ASK La Trobe, who will help you allocate.
If your activity is not on the approved clash list, contact your subject coordinator for help.
What should I do if my subject is full?
If all the classes for an activity are full, you should contact the subject coordinator.
Contacting subject coordinators
Subject coordinators are listed in the subject entries in the Subjects database. You can access the subject description by clicking on the blue 'i' icon next to the subject code in Allocate+.
You can then find contact details for subject coordinators in the Staff Contact Directory.