COUNSELLING PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP F
Not currently offered
Credit points: 10
For this practical placement students must complete a minimum of 250 hours of placement and receive at least one hour of supervision from a qualified psychologist (a registered supervisor and a member of the Counselling College) for every 7.5 hours of placement activity (APAC requirements). The principal activity of internship must be face-to-face counselling and psychotherapy. Students are expected integrate their internship experiences into other coursework and submit case presentations to fulfil the subject requirements. Students are required to participate in a minimum of five placement settings.
SchoolSchool of Psychology & Public Health
Subject Co-ordinatorEleanor Wertheim
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 6 - Doctoral
Special conditions This subject is available to Doctor of Psychology in Counselling Psychology and Doctor of Counselling Psychology students only and will run subject to sufficient enrolment numbers.
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Demonstration of Advanced level professional practice skills
- Attendance at placment for the required number of hours and performance of professional pracice activities under the supervision of an approved clinical supervisor.
- Related graduate capabilities and elements:
- Discipline -Specific Knowledge and Skills (Discipline-Specific Knowledge and Skills)
02. Demonstration of Advanced level professional practice skills
- Presentation of 2 formal case studies to clinical supervision at La Trobe Group Supervision sessions
Select to view your study options…