COUNSELLING PSYCHOLOGY PRACTICUM A
Not currently offered
Credit points: 15
In this subject students complete the requirements for practical placements. Each student must complete a minimum of 334 placement hours and accrue one hour of supervision from a qualified psychologist (ie. a registered supervisor and member of the Counselling College) for every 7.5 hours (one day) of placement activity in accord with APAC requirements. The principle internship activity must be face-to-face counselling and psychotherapy. Students are expected to integrate the internship experiences into other coursework and submit case studies and make presentations in group supervision sessions conducted in the School to fulfil the subject requirements.
SchoolSchool of Psychology & Public Health
Subject Co-ordinatorEleanor Wertheim
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
Prerequisites Must have passed PSY5MPP and must be enrolled in HMCP Master of Counselling Psychology.
|Resource Type||Title||Resource Requirement||Author and Year||Publisher|
|Readings||Charter for clients||Prescribed||APS (2011)||AUSTRALIAN PSYCHOLOGICAL SOCIETY|
|Readings||Charting client consent (InPsych, December)||Prescribed||APS (1997)||AUSTRALIAN PSYCHOLOGICAL SOCIETY|
|Readings||Code of Ethics||Prescribed||APS (2007)||AUSTRALIAN PSYCHOLOGICAL SOCIETY|
|Readings||Masters and Doctoral Programs in Counselling Psychology Practicum Handbook||Prescribed||HMCP Prac (2013)||MOODLE|
|Readings||Ethics and professional practice for psychologists||Recommended||Morrissey, S. & Reddy, P. (2006)||SOUTH MELBOURNE: THOMSON|
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Competent professional practice.
- Development of professional practice under the supervision of the field supervisor and through attending group supervision sessions conducted by registered psychologists/academic members of staff.
- Related graduate capabilities and elements:
- Speaking (Speaking)
- Critical Thinking (Critical Thinking)
- Discipline Specific Competencies (Discipline Specific Competencies)
- Creative Problem-solving (Creative Problem-solving)
- Communication (Communication)
- Writing (Writing)
- Ethical/ Social Responsibility (Ethical/ Social Responsibility)
- Professional Practice (Professional Practice)
- Teamwork (Teamwork)
Select to view your study options…