EVIDENCE BASED PRACTICE IN PROFESSIONAL PSYCHOLOGY
Credit points: 15
This subject introduces key research methodologies and skills relevant for evidence-based practice. You will learn to source, evaluate and apply research findings to developing effective interventions for clients. This subject brings together research skills and psychological practice.
SchoolSchool of Psychology & Public Health
Subject Co-ordinatorLeah Brennan
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
Prerequisites Must be admitted in HMPPSB
|Resource Type||Title||Resource Requirement||Author and Year||Publisher|
|Readings||Principles and concepts of Behavioural Medicine: A global handbook||Recommended||Fisher, Cameron Christensen, Ehert, Guo, Oldenburg & Snoek (2018)||Springer|
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Develop advanced knowledge in a topic relevant to evidence-based practice in professional psychology.
- Lecture presentations and reading
02. Demonstrate the ability to critically appraise and reflect on a research topic relevant to professional psychology.
- Reading, online activities and critical review
03. Apply advanced research skills and incorporate knowledge of culture to professional practice
- Reading, lecture presentations and online activities
04. Interpret and coherently communicate scientific findings in written and oral format
- Presentation to academics and peers
Select to view your study options…
Bendigo, 2020, Semester 2, Blended
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorLeah Brennan
One 2.0 hours seminar every two weeks on weekdays at night from week 31 to week 43 and delivered via online.
One 7.0 hours workshop other recurrence on any day including weekend during the day from week 31 to week 43 and delivered via face-to-face.
|Written research proposal (1500 words equivalent)||25||01, 02, 04|
|20-minute Oral presentation (1000 words equivalent)||25||02, 03, 04|
|Research report (3000 words)||35||02, 03, 04|
|Three online assessments/quizzes (500 words equivalent)||15||01, 02|