REHABILITATION COUNSELLING PRACTICUM
Credit points: 15
This subject provides practicum experience in which students have the opportunity to develop and practice rehabilitation counselling skills and to demonstrate competency in specified rehabilitation areas. This may include placement in a specialist rehabilitation facility, other rehabilitation-related health facility or human service agency. In addition to the workplace placement students are required to participate in classroom-based activities relevant to professional issues in rehabilitation counselling practice. Students will develop the knowledge and attitudes necessary for ethical and professional approaches in the delivery of rehabilitation services.
SchoolSchool of Psychology & Public Health
Subject Co-ordinatorPaul O'Halloran
Available to Study Abroad StudentsYes
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
Prerequisites Students must have successfully completed PHE5VOR and PHE5SCC or equivalents
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Evaluate rehabilitation service delivery
- Review of service delivery plans developed by Rehabilitation agency staff
02. Design and implement acceptable and ethical rehabilitation service plans appropriate to individual rehabilitees.
- Comparison of development plans with elements specified in classroom models of effective rehabilitation care management.
03. Effectively deliver components of team-based rehabilitation services
- Instructors from service rehabilitation staff to join particular team activities.
Select to view your study options…
City Campus, 2020, Semester 2, Day
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorMandy Ruddock-Hudson
Five 2.0 hours workshop per study period on weekdays at night from week 31 to week 42 and delivered via face-to-face.
Placement - Off Site
One 20.0 days placement - off site per study period from week 31 to week 43 and delivered via face-to-face.
"Students are required to attend placement for an equivalent of 20 days"
|One 1,500-word notebook recording rehabilitation seminar notes||25||01, 02, 03|
|One 1,500-word log book||25||01, 02, 03|
|One 2,000-word reflective piece on placement experience||50||01, 02, 03|