FINAL PROJECT IN ART THERAPY
Credit points: 15
In this subject students will complete a project proposal in presentation format for an art therapy program for aspecific population. Students will learn the key issues involved in the development of an art therapy proposal for a specific clinical setting,population or practice issue. These will include the importance of critical awareness of current issues at the forefront of art therapy practice and an understanding of the social, cultural, contextual and ethical frameworks for art therapy. The presentation will be grounded in an art-based form and include key aspects of the proposal.
SchoolSchool of Psychology & Public Health
Subject Co-ordinatorTess Crane
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
Prerequisites Must be admitted in HMART - Master of Art Therapy.
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Analyse research literature to determine the evidence base for art therapy programs.
- Writing and completion of Final Project to be submitted and presented at the MAT Final Project Symposim
02. Design and develop promotional material for art therapy proposals for specific clinical settings and populations.
- Development of art based design of promotional material for an art therapy presentation such as a flyer, poster, pamphlets, video, DVD.
03. Develop research resources and evaluation methods for art therapy proposals for specific clinical settings and population.
- Identify resources and program evaluation methods such as clients reports, staff feedback, attendance rates, sourcing project reports and evaluation literature.
04. Develop contextually informed resources that address the needs and budgets of clinical settings and populations
- Identify marketing focus based on an understanding of budgeting concerns, development of a needs assessment, the essential components of a grant proposal, methods of locating, contacting and tracking funding sources, grant or philanthropic trusts which might support art therapy.
05. Plan and execute verbal and visual presentations of art therapy proposals to peers and stakeholders
- Verbal and visual art based presentation skills.
Select to view your study options…
Melbourne, 2020, Week 30-50, Day
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorTess Crane
One 2.0 hours lecture per week from week 31 to week 43 and delivered via face-to-face.
"Plus equivalent of additional one hour of learning activities out-of-class time per week"
Professional Development Programs
One 8.0 hours professional development programs other recurrence from week 48 to week 48 and delivered via face-to-face.
"Final Project Symposium"
|20-minute art based presentation at the MAT Final Project Symposium||30||01, 02, 05|
|5000-word essay||70||01, 02, 03, 04, 05|