INTEGRATED MEDICAL MANAGEMENT
Credit points: 15
In this subject students will further develop their understanding of underpinning pathophysiology relating to a variety of medical problems encountered in the unscheduled healthcare environment. This is a continuation of paramedic medical management, with further focus placed on specific acute and chronic manifestations of medical illnesses. Both the initial and ongoing healthcare assessment and management of a range of medical conditions will be explored and integrated with clinical placements.
SchoolLa Trobe Rural Health School
Subject Co-ordinatorJames King
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 3 - UG
|Resource Type||Title||Resource Requirement||Author and Year||Publisher|
|Discipline Specific||University Paramedic Student Clinical Placement Booklet||Prescribed||La Trobe University/Ambulance Victoria 2014||Ambulance Victoria|
|Discipline Specific||Ambulance Victoria Clinical Practice Guidelines for Ambulance and MICA Paramedics||Prescribed||Ambulance Victoria 2014 Edition UPDATE||Blue Star Print|
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Perform comprehensive and timely assessment procedures on patients presenting with a range of medical presentations.
- clinical placement, online questions and discussions, assignment
02. Combine pathophysiology, standard clinical assessment and trend recognition skills to accurately formulate clinical management plans, including referral, for a number of medical conditions.
- clinical placement, questions online, discussion forum
03. Synthesise theoretical knowledge with practical skills to effectively implement the management of acute and chronic medical conditions common to unscheduled healthcare practice.
- clinical placement, quizzes and questions, assignment, placement manual assessment
04. Access current evidence based clinical practice approaches for use in clinical management and debate their application in a range of clinical situations.
- discussion forum, fortnightly questions, assignment work, online lectures, placement manual
Select to view your study options…
Bendigo, 2020, Semester 2, Blended
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorJames King
Placement - Off Site
Ten 10.0 hours placement - off site other recurrence on any day including weekend during the day from week 33 to week 43 and delivered via face-to-face.
"placement shifts will be scheduled with Ambulance Victoria. Placement shift numbers are approximate only"
Unscheduled Online Class
One 2.0 hours unscheduled online class per week on any day including weekend during the day from week 31 to week 43 and delivered via online.
Four 3.0 hours workshop per study period on weekdays during the day from week 32 to week 32 and delivered via face-to-face.
|Reflective journal- placement (1,500-word equivalent)||40||01, 02|
|Online quizzes (1,000-word equivalent)||30||01, 02, 03, 04|
|Medical Case study (1,500-word equivalent)||30||01, 02, 03, 04|