NURSING & MIDWIFERY THESIS A
Not currently offered
Credit points: 30
In this subject students are required to conduct a research study, and report that study, in a thesis. The research focus needs to be congruent with the research interests and programs within the School of Nursing and Midwifery. The results of the research should contribute to the evidence base within either nursing and/or midwifery. Decisions about focus of the research and development of a research proposal should be made in consultation with the designated research supervisor before enrolment in this subject.
SchoolSchool of Nursing & Midwifery
Subject Co-ordinatorJenny Davis
Available to Study Abroad StudentsYes
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
Prerequisites If the student is enrolled in HMN (only V1, V2, V3 or V4) or HMND then must have passed NSM5RFN and NSM5CPR and NSM5APA and NSM5APB. If the student is enrolled in HMMID then must pass NSM5APA and NSM5APB and NSM5CIA.
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Provide appropriate evidence of advanced knowledge about a specialist body of theoretical and or applied topic.
- Regular communcation via face to face meetings, email or telephone with supervisors to refine the research question and methodology. Demonstrate progress in recruiting and or consenting participants.
02. Demonstrate a high order of skill in analysis, critical evaluation and/or professional application through the planning and execution of a research study.
- Evidence of effective communication between student and supervisors to ensure access to any resources or training required to undertake appropriate analysis of data.
03. Demonstrate the ability to add to the body of knowledge in a relevant field text.
- Regular communication and planning should be evident by a progressive compilation of the student's thesis outline and confidence in writing.
Select to view your study options…