INTERNATIONAL COMMERCIAL MEDIATION
Not currently offered
Credit points: 15
International Commercial Mediation examines the foundational principles and practice of mediation in the context of cross border commercial transactions. This subject is designed to train and assess students who have been selected to represent Latrobe Law School at the International Commercial Mediation Competitions (ICC). Students will explore the nature of commercial mediation through theoretical training combined with workshops where they will practice the skills in mock mediation sessions, as well as participate in the competition.
SchoolLa Trobe Law School
Subject Co-ordinatorOz Susler
Available to Study Abroad StudentsYes
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
Prerequisites Admission to this subject is by application only.
Special conditions Students will be selected to enroll in the subject based on grades, an application form, Curriculum Vitae and relevance of previous studies/experience
|Resource Type||Title||Resource Requirement||Author and Year||Publisher|
|Readings||Getting to Yes||Prescribed||Fisher, Ury latest edition||RH Business Books|
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Identify the principles of mediation and how a dispute is translated into a mediation claim in written form, using the process of mediation
- Readings, Mediation plans
02. Demonstrate a critical awareness of how to pursue a mediation claim for a client as effectively as possible.
- Mediation plans, Mediation Practice Workshops, Competition
03. Synthesise mediation processes and strategies in order to find solutions to legal disputes.
- Mediation Practice Workshops, Competition Performance
Select to view your study options…