HEALTH SYSTEMS IMPLEMENTATION
Credit points: 15
In this subject students will develop expertise in planning and implementing systems, agreements and health information services. They will develop an understanding of project management frameworks and an ability to apply project management skills and knowledge in health system and project implementation and management, developing proficiency in the use of appropriate tools including software to support systems implementation. Students will also develop expertise in planning and preparing health contracts, incorporating requirements and specifications relating both to technology and business-related contracts.
SchoolSchool of Psychology & Public Health
Subject Co-ordinatorEsther Munyisia
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
|Resource Type||Title||Resource Requirement||Author and Year||Publisher|
|Readings||Project management in health and community services: getting good ideas to work.||Prescribed||Dwyer J, Stanton P & Thiessen V. 2013||ALLEN AND UNWIN|
|Readings||The fast forward MBA in project management||Prescribed||Verzuh E. 2016||Wiley|
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Critically analyse project management theory, principles and skills to the conceptualisation, development, and implementation of health information and health informatics/health ICT systems, using appropriate frameworks and tools.
- Recorded lectures and videos. Guided readings. Formative quizzes. Online discussion and team activities including development of a 'Statement of Work' for a business case study. Students will develop skills in project management documentation and software for an individual health information management/informatics project, including a j'Statement of Work' and a 'Work Breakdown Stucture'.
02. Evaluate new health information system or service implementations and analyse opportunities for improvement and change.
- Recorded lectures. Guided readings. Formative quizzes. Online discussion. Students will, with guidance, scope a health information related project.Format
03. Formulate specifications and requirements for health technology and service-related contracts and health service agreements.
- Recorded lectures. Online discussion and team activities including development of a 'Tender Planning Document' for a business case study. Guided readings. Formative quizzes.
Select to view your study options…
Melbourne, 2018, Semester 2, Online
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorEsther Munyisia
One 3.0 hours lecture/seminar per week and delivered via online.
"Students to complete online components equivalent to one 1-hour lecture and one 2-hour seminar per week."
|One 3750 word team assignment (approximately 750 words per student)||20||03|
|One 2750 word individual assignment||50||01, 02|
|Two 40 minute individual quizzes||30||01, 02, 03|