HEALTH, WORK AND PLAY
Not currently offered
Credit points: 15
This subject aims to enable students to understand the importance for health and safety of planning and designing work, and other activities to suit human needs, capacities, and limitations. Students will work individually to investigate issues drawn from road safety, occupational health and safety, and the wider community, using a systematic approach to problem solving based on Ergonomics, Safety and Health (ESH) principles of professional practice.
SchoolSchool of Psychology & Public Health
Subject Co-ordinatorVictoria Weale
Available to Study Abroad StudentsYes
Subject year levelYear Level 1 - UG
Equivalent subjects HBS1ESH
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Interpret and apply data from anthropometric sources.
- Online discussion, online quizzes
02. Describe and analyse hazards in a variety of settings, and utilise a systems approach to consider appropriate interventions.
- Written assignment, online quizzes, online discussion
03. Describe and apply key concepts related to usability and product design.
- Written assignment, online discussion, online quizzes.
04. Analyse factors that contribute to accidents.
- Case study analysis, online quizzes
Select to view your study options…