PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE FOR EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGY
Credit points: 15
In this subject you will explore concepts relating to professional practice as an Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP). These concepts will revolve around effective communication with patients, accessing clinical information, conducting appropriate assessments and effective clinical reporting and note taking. You will also analyse different clinical frameworks and compensatory schemes to implement reasoned case management with high professional and ethical standards.
SchoolLa Trobe Rural Health School
Subject Co-ordinatorJane McCaig
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
Prerequisites Be admitted in on of these courses: HZESPB or HMEPB
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Critique strategies (verbal and non-verbal) for communicating with patients, medical and allied health professionals.
- Tutorials, online workshops, forums and quizzes communication.
02. Evaluate various clinical frameworks and compensation schemes that are used to guide Accredited Exercise Physiology practice.
- Tutorials, online workshops, readings, forums and quizzes
03. Critically interpret and stratify risk factors, indicators and contra-indicators, and manage emergency situations
- Tutorials, online workshops and forums .
04. Obtain and evaluate clinical data and provide appropriate clinical reasoning for proposed clinical exercise interventions for individuals with pathology consistent with those listed in the Accredited Exercise Physiologists Scope of Practice.
- Tutorials, online workshops and forums
Select to view your study options…
Bendigo, 2020, Semester 1, Blended
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorJane McCaig
One 2.0 hours tutorial per week on weekdays during the day from week 10 to week 14 and delivered via face-to-face.
One 2.0 hours tutorial per week on weekdays during the day from week 15 to week 20 and delivered via face-to-face.
|Written case study evaluation and treatment plan (3000 words)||60||02, 03, 04|
|Two x 1000 word essays (20% each)||Essay 1 will evaluate communication & professional practice as an AEP. Essay 2 will discuss compensation schemes & implications of these for both patients & health care providers.||40||01, 02|
|Exercise and Sports Science Australia compensation scheme standards and compliance assessment||Hurdle requirement: Successful completion of the compensation standards and compliance assessment is a hurdle requirement for being able to pass this subject||02|