INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PROJECT B
Not currently offered
Credit points: 15
The project focuses on developing students skills in teamwork, system design, implementation, testing and documentation. Students learn to design Information Technology projects covering network management or software development for efficiency, portability and re-use, as well as to take advantage of different standards and system utilities; data and information management techniques. The projects require students to work in small development teams and result in the development of a small-scale industry-based system. The laboratory work is designed to bring students up to speed in relevant development skills and to provide them with a working knowledge sufficient for industrial-type network and software development projects. The subject also integrates previously learned skills and knowledge relating to social and ethical issues.
SchoolSchool Engineering&Mathematical Sciences
Subject Co-ordinatorPrakash Veeraraghavan
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
Prerequisites (CSE5DES or CSE5SDM) or (CSE5INE and CSE4WNE) or (CSE5BDC)
Incompatible subjects CSE3PRA, CSE3PRB, CSE5PRA, CSE5PRB, CSE3PRO, CSE4PRO
Special conditions For Software projects students must complete CSE5DES or CSE5SDM For Network projects students must complete CSE5INE and CSE4WNE For Data Science Projects students must complete CSE5BDC
|Resource Type||Title||Resource Requirement||Author and Year||Publisher|
|Readings||Industry Project Guidelines||Prescribed||Torabi, T||LA TROBE UNIVERSITY.|
|Readings||Software Engineering||Prescribed||Sommerville I, 2009||NINTH EDITION, ADDISON-WESLEY|
|Readings||Top-Down Network Design||Prescribed||Priscilla Oppenheimer||CISCO PRESS|
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Critically evaluate, describe and demonstrate the skills and knowledge to effectively participate, contribute, manage conflicts, and document the running of team project meetings.
- Highlight the importance of running of team as a very important aspect of running a project. Describe and show examples of effective team management. Provide weekly feedback to project teams.
02. Verify, describe and document the design of a software or network system, and articulate the system design using standards.
- Provide the process and approach for developing business requirement and explain examples of business requirement by example. Participate in workshops to practise necessary skills. Highlight the importance of consistency in design.
03. Analyse, communicate and professionally present the system prototype, project plan, and testing of the system to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Highlight the standards, expectations, guidelines process, and content for presentation of project plan and system prototype. Present seminars and workshops to practise the content and process of a good presentation.
04. Articulate and develop the detailed user manual and maintenance document of a system using professional standards and guidelines provided in the subject handbook.
- Discuss the detailed user manual and maintenance document of a system by applying standard notation. Provide practical workshops and seminars for developing documentation and testing the system.
05. Communicate and professionally present the detailed implementation of the system and evidence of system operations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Emphasise the standards, expectations, guidelines process, and content for presentation of system implementation and testing. Present feedback and seminars to practise the content of a good testing and presentation.
06. Assess integrity of data available from various data sources.
- Analyse security requirements based on the available corporate information, client interviews and briefing.
07. Propose elegant and sustainable security solution based on vulnerability analysis.
- Learn to analyse integrity of data, propose scalable solution, explore new technologies like SDR
08. Devise simple strategies for Data and information Management
- learn data management strategies
Select to view your study options…