Bendigo campus services
The Chaplaincy team at Bendigo are a unique multifaith team, who offer a welcoming Drop In Centre for students and staff on campus regardless of age, culture or religious background. The chaplaincy team, working in collaboration with the Student Support Services staff, endeavour to provide:
- Pastoral and spiritual care, friendship, encouragement and practical assistance;
- Support to students and staff in times of grief or personal crisis;
- Welcome and support for both international students and those from beyond Bendigo;
- Opportunities to explore religious, spiritual and personal issues, either individually or in groups;
- Opportunities to network with the local community;
- Religious Services and provision for Interfaith Forums;
- Religious resources for student and staff groups (e.g. music and books).
Groups and activities
The Chaplaincy team supports the activities of various campus groups. Details are on the noticeboard at the Centre. The Chaplaincy has a Free Food Pantry to help students, with food donated by members of the Bendigo Community. The Centre also offers a supply of beverages and biscuits, a microwave, fridge and freezer.
Drop In Centre
The Drop In Centre is located across the corridor from Residential Services in the Student Services Centre. The Drop In Centre is open Mondays to Thursday from 9.30 am to 5.00 pm, Friday by appointment.
T: (03) 5444 7939 or (03) 5444 7223
Multifaith Prayer Room
The multifaith prayer room offers a quiet place for reflection and caters for all faiths. It is located opposite the Student Support Area.
Muslim Prayer Room
The Muslim Prayer Room is now located opposite the Student Support Area, next door to the multifaith prayer room. It is accessible to students 24/7 (after hours access is via Campus Security).
Connecting with student clubs
Steve Blyth is a Christian Chaplain on campus and he also works with the Christian club on campus, the Bendigo Christian Union. He holds a Bachelor of Divinity from Moore Theological College and loves to help people see and understand the greatness of Jesus as revealed in the Bible. Steve is married to Laura and has three children. He loves motorbikes, farming and coffee. During semester, Steve is available Monday-Friday on campus, between 10am – 3pm.
My passion is to find meaning and value in life and this world will be a better place… a simple passion for a fulfilling life.
“I have seen all the things that are done under the sun; all of them are meaningless, a chasing after the wind.” (Eccl. 1:14)