Is your issue a complaint?
During your studies, you may need assistance to resolve an issue with the University. This might be an administrative matter, a problem with a subject or course, or involve the alleged inappropriate conduct of a student or staff member. Our Student Complaints Mechanism (SCM) can help you resolve the issue.
Complaints to submit via the SCM
Complaints submitted via the SCM may relate to:
- customer service/administration issues
- matters of process related to the University experience
- academic standards and educational quality related issues
- third parties providing services on behalf of La Trobe
- behaviour by other students or University staff, which contravenes a code of conduct or policy.
Issues that are not submitted to the Student Complaints Office
The following issues cannot be actioned by the SCM. Please access the information via the hyperlinks below for the correct administrative pathway for these matters:
- Maintenance requests
- Academic Misconduct
- Special Consideration Applications
- Review/remark of a grade
- Academic Progress Monitoring and Interventions
- Actions/decisions of the University Appeals Committee
- OH&S issues
*If you are unsure if your issue can be processed by the Student Complaints Office, Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 9479 8979 for further information.
Make a complaint
Have something you want to tell us about? Fill in our complaints form.