Work Placement Program subject - ASC3WPP
Undertaking a Work Integrated Learning (WIL) program is an excellent way to put theory into practice and develop professional skills in a working environment. Available to second and third year students across all La Trobe University campuses, ASC3WPP offers both domestic and international placement opportunities. The program is a 15-credit point elective subject designed to help you develop your employability skills within a professional setting.
ASC3WPP requires you to self-source your internship and it must be approved by your Subject Coordinator before you can enrol. You must also have completed 120 credit points. If you have difficulty finding a placement, email our team.
The WIL team have tools and resources to help you identify suitable organisations and guide you through the process. Occasionally we offer placement opportunities which are made available to you throughout the year.
Eligible students are added to the ASC3WPP LMS Application page to view placement opportunities. If you cannot find this page or have further queries, please be in contact with email@example.com
Subject Offered: All Campuses, 2nd & 3rd Year
- Semester 1 2020: 2 March - 29 May 2020.
- Semester 2 2020: 27 July - 23 October 2020.
- Summer 2020/21: any time between 2 November 2020 - 12 February 2021.
For information about the subject's objectives, requirements and study options, check the link below to access the subject specifics in the relevant University handbook entry:
Am I eligible?
You may be eligible for ASC3WPP if you:
- have a spare 2nd or 3rd year elective available in your study plan
- have completed 120 credit points.
- placement activities must constitute a genuine work integrated learning opportunity
- you must have a dedicated workplace supervisor.
As a student in ASC3WPP, you will:
- contribute to the workplace in a meaningful way, as a supervised professional, such as by working on solving an organisational problem, by developing a new activity, analysing data to improve a work practice, and more
- contribute to online module and discussion forums
- complete 100-120 hours of approved work placement
- submit the following:
- a placement observations report of 1250 words
- a reflective essay of 1500 words
- a 7-minutes video presentation.
Register your interest in ASC3WPP for 2020
Registering your interest will add you to our mailing list. We will keep you updated with key dates of information sessions, tips for sourcing placements, application closing dates, etc. We will also send you details of the limited number of placements that we (the University) have sourced ourselves and that you may wish to apply for.
Important: This is a register of interest only. Completing this form does not approve your enrolment. Students interested in enrolling in ASC3WPP are required to have their placement assessed via completion of this position description [Word doc 39KB]