The Big Idea
Design a business for social impact!
The Big Idea is a social enterprise business planning and pitch competition hosted by The Big Issue Australia.
Working in student teams, you’ll be supported to design, research and pitch your social enterprise idea for the right to represent La Trobe at the national competition finals in December.
Why should you do it?
- Learn about social enterprise in Australia
- Experience designing a social enterprise concept and business plan
- Develop sought-after workplace and business skills
- Connect with social enterprise thought leaders and potential employers
- Be in the running to win The Big Idea national competition prizes
- Build your Career Ready Advantage portfolio with skills and achievements employers are looking for
- Stand out from the crowd when you enter the job market
How do you get involved?
Extra-curricular entry: join the competition and broaden your practical skills and experience beyond your area of study.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org before 30 June to find out more about La Trobe's extra-curricular competition entry requirements.