Student Partners Program
Become a Student Partner
Through the Student Partners program you will learn about a university operates and how decisions are made. Once you’ve completed initial face-to-face training (taught each semester at all campuses) you will be invited to attend CoLabs (co-design workshops) to co-create ideas and solutions with staff. You’ll also be invited to mentor senior members of staff and serve on student panels.
*This program is in the Partner category.
What do volunteers do?
Volunteers can get involved in range of ways to help improve the University. They include:
- Learn the basics of design-thinking to solve complex issues,
- Re-design key services and subjects,
- Be matched with academic or professional staff,
- Mentor a staff member on what it’s like to be a student,
Panels and Events
- Help represent your fellow students in panels and speaking events,
- Partner with staff to co-research projects.
*Some activities are subject to change and student selection
To qualify as part of the Emerging Leaders program, you will need to participate in the face-to-face training at your campus and a minimum of three activities.
What are the benefits of being a Student Partner?
Students can gain career ready skills by being a volunteer. You will also be exposed to a range of career opportunities in education, management, and marketing. You will also upskill in:
- Design thinking,
- Critical problem solving,
- Networking and communication.
Who can join?
All students are welcome to join. This includes undergraduate, masters, and PhD courses across all disciplines.
If you haven’t already, please fill out an ‘Emerging Leaders Expression of Interest’. Once you’ve completed the online perquisites through the LMS, please select ‘Student Partner’ in the partner category.
For any questions or information about the program, contact email@example.com