Become a Respect Champion
This program is about being more involved in promoting respectful relationships, gender equality, and positive bystander action to support the prevention of sexual harm and other unacceptable behaviours in our communities.
*This program is in the partner category of the Emerging Leaders Program
What do respect champions do?
- Be leaders in promoting positive bystander action.
- Assist in identifying, designing and implementing key activities and events at orientation or for other events during the year.
- Contribute to the design and review of key messages so that they resonate with students.
- Contribute to the development or be a participant in videos on relevant topics.
- Review or be consulted on content and design of online modules e.g. an Our Watch Respect & Equality module
- Help to promote key services and supports such as Speak Up and other initiatives to fellow students.
- Contribute to the planning and ongoing development of the program as it evolves
1 hour per week approx. during semester time.
What are the benefits of being a Respect Champion?
- Opportunity to be proactive in contributing to the prevention of gendered based violence and other unacceptable behaviours.
- Receive professional development and ongoing support plus the opportunity to discuss, share ideas and network.
- Enhance your interpersonal, communication and leadership skills, which would support your future employment prospects.
- Be able to apply your leadership experiences and learning to the Career Ready Advantage Program.
Who can join?
Want to recruit a diverse group of students aiming to have cross representation from following as much as possible:
- Gender diverse
- Cross campus
- Various disciplines
- Students with a disability
- Student Unions/Associations
- Living on and off-campus.
If you haven’t already, please fill out an ‘Emerging Leaders Expression of Interest’. Once you’ve completed the online perquisites through the LMS, please select ‘Respect Champion’ in the Mentor category.
For any questions or information about the program, please contact Lil Kennedy