Check-in and enrol
What is Check-in, Enrolment and Orientation?
This is the process where you will register your arrival to La Trobe. Check-in can only be done in person and we will request your passport to confirm your identity.
After you have fully accepted your offer, you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete pre-arrival online enrolment. Subjects are not enrolled automatically, you will have to select them according to your study plan. If you have questions along the way, we're here to support you.
Once you have enrolled in your subjects, you will have to create your own timetable using Allocate+. Remember that your timetable is not created automatically. Subjects can have different classes (e.g. tutorials, lectures, workshops, etc) and can be taught on different days and times. By allocating yourself to your classes you will confirm your place in a particular class.
It's compulsory to attend the Orientation week. It's full of important sessions and social activities, and will provide you with important information about your student visa, starting your course, understanding Australian academic culture, keeping yourself safe, your health insurance and more!
Check-in, and Orientation dates
Starting in September 2020? We are running a series of live virtual orientation from 2 September to 4 September. You can plan your own virtual orientation program now using our Virtual Planner, available at now.latrobe/virtualplanner
For future check-in and Orientation dates, details to be confirmed subject to travel restrictions being lifted and borders re-opening. Refer to the quick guide to commencing your studies online.
Don't forget to
- Visit our Acceptance and pre-departure information page, where you will find details about our Pre-studies Webinars and eFriends program.
Courses starting on other dates
If you are commencing your course before the official semesters, refer to your offer letter for your course commencement date.
- Check-in: Because you will be starting your course earlier, you can check-in at your campus support services office.
- Melbourne campus students: Check-in at La Trobe International - Sylvia Walton building level 3 reception
- Regional campuses students: Check-in at Ask La Trobe.
- Enrolment: You can self - enrol online, or at Ask La Trobe.
- Orientation: We will send you an email with Orientation information after you have checked-in. You are also invited to attend the official Orientation dates on your campus.