Arrange your airport pick-up
La Trobe International offers free airport pick up service for Melbourne (Bundoora) campus and City campus students and companions*, arriving in Melbourne (Tullamarine) Airport.
Students travelling to Regional campuses can get up to $60 reimbursement from La Trobe International.
Our contractor, TOGOTO airport reception, will pick you up from the Tullamarine airport and will take you to your Melbourne accommodation. If you are travelling to a regional campus, refer to the information below.
Book airport reception - Melbourne & City Campuses
How to make a booking
Please note that to book your free airport reception you must have:
- Accepted your offer to study with us.
- Booked your flight.
- Confirmed accommodation (if you haven't yet organised permanent accommodation here are some suggestions for temporary accommodation for you to consider).
To submit a booking request please complete the Airport Reception Form.
If you are booking within 72h of your flight arrival time please be aware that your request might not be successful.
To book, please fill your campus Airport Reception Form (Melbourne) and we will confirm if your booking was approved or not.
Once booked, you will receive a confirmation email of your booking along with a map on how to meet the driver and what to do in the event of flight delays and cancellations.
If you experience any problems using the online portal or form for airport reception, please contact us on
+61 3 9479 1199 or email email@example.com
Important notes and booking deadlines
For changes or urgent matters please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Airport reception cannot be guaranteed unless confirmed flight details are received by La Trobe International (LTI) at least 24 hours prior to departure
- If you are arriving on a Saturday, Sunday or a Monday you must submit your flight details by 12 noon AEST (GMT +10) the previous Friday
- If your arrival details change, you must notify us as soon as possible. Changes to Saturday, Sunday or Monday arrival details must be sent to LTI no later than 12 noon AEST (GMT+10) on a Friday before you arrive
- Changes to arrival details for Tuesday through Friday should be sent to LTI at least 24 hours prior to departure from your home country.
- You need to book your own airport reception, the booking can't be made by someone else on your behalf.
- Extra family members can travel with you but are charged $35 per person in cash.
- Please refer to the list of suburbs included in the free pick up [PDF 325KB]. Anything outside of these areas is charged extra and payable directly to the driver in cash. You will receive a separate email on the additional charges before we confirm your airport reception. You can also refer to a list of additional costs for Suburbs beyond 6 km Radius from the Melbourne campuses.
Please be aware that you might not be the only student travelling in the TOGOTO vehicle, therefore, there are some luggage limitations per person in order for everyone to travel in comfort.
|La Trobe International student|
|Extra passenger||1 suitcase|
Please note that we cannot transport boxes of any size nor large luggage items such as large musical instruments, bicycles, surfboards, golf clubs or other items of a similar size. The driver has the right to refuse transport to anyone bringing excessive luggage or any of the items before mentioned.
*Travelling with someone else?
Friends and family members can also accompany you for a fee of A$35 each, to be paid in cash to the driver. You must advise how many people will be accompanying you at the time of booking so that we can reserve them a place in the transport vehicle.
How to meet the driver at Tullamarine Airport
Look for the driver holding the yellow and green TOGOTO sign when you arrive.
If you are arriving on:
- International flight – the TOGOTO driver will meet you in the main arrivals hall after you have cleared immigration, collected your bags, and cleared customs
- Domestic flight - The TOGOTO driver will meet you at the baggage carousel where you will collect your luggage. Look for the yellow and green sign.
Here is the Tullamarine airport how to meet your driver map [PDF 310KB]. Please print and bring this with you in your hand luggage.
What to do if your arrival time changes
For late flight delays or cancellations, you should also inform TOGOTO Australia of these changes IMMEDIATELY by contacting TOGOTO staff direct on +61 409 503 646, where possible.
You can provide your new arrival details by telephone on +61 3 9479 1199, or email email@example.com.
If you change your flight details, cancel your booking or do not use the service after your booking has been confirmed, you will be charged in your student account:
- $45 per person – Melbourne/City campuses students.
What to do if you cannot find the driver
In case you cannot find the driver, ask the information desk at the airport for TOGOTO Australia or call the driver’s mobile number: +61 409 503 646.
DO NOT leave the airport with anybody unless they are a nominated La Trobe University representative with suitable identification.
You missed the driver or didn't book airport pick-up on time
If you missed the driver, didn't book your airport pick-up on time or don't wish to use the Airport Reception service, you can also reach La Trobe University, Melbourne campus, from the airport by:
- taxi (approximately 30 minute trip, A$65)
- a shuttle service such as the SkyBus from the airport to the Southern Cross Railway Station www.skybus.com.au or Eastside Buslines Airport Bus to Heidelberg or Preston www.airportbus.com.au and public or other transport to the University from there (Eastside's Airport Bus can do a door-to-door service if you pre-book).
- For public transport connections to La Trobe University, visit the Public Transport Victoria website.
Arriving in Avalon Airport?
If your flight is landing at Avalon Airport, you will have to arrange transportation to your destination.
- SKYBUS - Operates the Avalon City Express, which runs airport transfers to Melbourne CBD and Werribee and meets each major flight. You can choose to drop off at Southern Cross Station in Melbourne CBD or at Synnot Street in Werribee.
- TAXI - The taxi bay is directly outside the terminal and is serviced by Australia Wide Taxi and 13CABS. Fares will vary depending on your destination and they can range from $40 to $ 50 if you are travelling to Geelong or up to $120 to $130 if you are travelling to Melbourne.
- Please note that the International Student Services will not cover or refund the cost of transportation from Avalon Airport to your destination.
How to get to your accommodation - Victorian regional campuses and Sydney Campus
Sydney Campus students
Sydney Campus is located 20 minutes by road from Sydney Airport and 15 minutes by train from the airport. Many new students choose to take the train to the CBD or a taxi/Uber to their destination.
- TRAIN – Take the train from the airport to the CBD or closest station to your accommodation. A single ticket will cost around $19.40 and travel time to the Circular Quay station is 21minutes. For more information visit Airport Link.
- SHUTTLE BUS - If you are travelling to areas where the train does not stop, you can use a shuttle bus. Visit Sydney Airport website for more information.
- TAXI - More options are available on the Sydney Airport website
Bendigo Campus students
Bendigo is a regional city in the state of Victoria and is approximately 150 kilometres from the capital city of Melbourne, or 130 kilometres from Melbourne airport (Tullamarine).
Options for transfer to Bendigo Campus
By Air from Sydney
Flights operate daily Sydney and Bendigo (note NOT from Melbourne)
- For flight options visit the Qantas website
- Once you have arrived at Bendigo Airport, you can ask the crew to book a taxi to take you to your accommodation or you can book an Uber.
By Land from Melbourne (Bus or Train)
If you arrive into Melbourne airport between 06:00am and 19:30pm then there is a dedicated shuttle bus departing Melbourne airport driving directly to Bendigo:
* Book the Bendigo Shuttle from Melbourne airport to Bendigo city. This is a dedicated bus service that picks you up at Melbourne’s Tullamarine airport and drives you to Bendigo train station.
* The travel time is approximately 2 hours.
* Once you have arrived at Bendigo train station, there will be buses and taxis available.
If you arrive into Melbourne airport after 7pm, you could either book an airport hotel and travel to Bendigo the next day via the shuttle bus or travel to Melbourne City by SkyBus and then onwards to Bendigo by Train. For the SkyBus and Train option:
* Book the SkyBus from Melbourne Airport to Southern Cross station. You can purchase your SkyBus ticket online or at the airport on arrival.
* Travel time from Melbourne airport to Southern Cross station is approximately 45 minutes
* Book an onward train journey from Southern Cross train station to Bendigo train station. You can purchase your Myki card and ticket to Bendigo on board the train.
* Once you have arrived at Bendigo train station, there will be buses and taxis available. Please click this link regarding Bendigo Bus timetable:
- Students will be reimbursed up to $60 per person for the cost of the journey – please keep your receipts and provide them to the International Student Services Team in Bendigo. The cost of hotel accommodation is not included.
- For assistance please contact Bendigo International Student Services:
firstname.lastname@example.org or Ph: +61 3 5444 7286
Albury-Wodonga Campus students
Albury-Wodonga is located 3.5 hours by road from Melbourne Airport, 4 hours by train from the city, and 1 hour by plane. Many new students choose to book a connecting domestic flight from Tullamarine to Albury Wodonga.
- PLANE - book a flight directly from Melbourne Airport to Albury Airport (you will need to go to the domestic terminal). Webjet Flights lists all airlines flying into Albury.
- TRAIN – Take the Skybus from Melbourne Airport to Southern Cross Train Station and from there, take a VLine Train to Wodonga Station. Book your VLine tickets.
If you need to have temporary accommodation in Melbourne prior to your departure to Albury-Wodonga, please make your own arrangements.
- Students will be reimbursed up to $60 per person for the cost of the journey – please keep your receipts and provide them to the International Student Services Team in Albury-Wodonga. The cost of hotel accommodation is not included.
Mildura campus students
Mildura is a 6-hour drive from Melbourne Airport. Many new students choose to book a connecting domestic flight from Tullamarine to Mildura where you will be met by our staff.
- PLANE – book a domestic flight to Mildura from your arrival point in Australia (you will need to go to the domestic terminal). Regional Express, Qantas airlines or Virgin Blue airlines fly to Mildura. It is important to book in advance.
- TRAIN – Take the Skybus from Melbourne Airport to Southern Cross Train Station and from there, take a VLine Train/Bus to Mildura. Book your VLine tickets.
If you need to have temporary accommodation in Melbourne prior to your departure to Mildura, please make your own arrangements.
- Students will be reimbursed up to $60 per person for the cost of the journey – please keep your receipts and provide them to the International Student Services Team in Mildura. The cost of hotel accommodation is not included.
Shepparton Campus students
Shepparton is 2 hours from Melbourne by road. We recommend new students take the train.
If you need to have temporary accommodation in Melbourne prior to your departure to Shepparton, please make your own arrangements.
Any query about airport reception for Shepparton students, please contact the International Student Services at email@example.com.
- Students will be reimbursed up to $60 per person for the cost of the journey – please keep your receipts and provide them to the International Student Services Team in Shepparton. The cost of hotel accommodation is not included.