Application for registration to practice overseas for Allied Health, Nursing and Midwifery and Science graduates
As part of the process to apply for international registration, the College of Science, Health and Engineering (SHE) is required to complete and certify part of the application. The actual forms received by the College vary depending upon which country past graduates are applying for registration in, but generally the forms are titled Transcript of Training/Educational Breakdown for Nursing graduates, Course Information form for other disciplines or something similar.
The standard purpose of these forms is to provide information regarding the number of theoretical and clinical hours that a past graduate completed in a variety of areas, as well as grades, assessments, placement details and relevant dates as applicable.
The College charges a fee for this service to cover the cost of the College's time, resources and postage. Please note that Nursing registrations are sent directly to the Registration Board and a copy is sent to the student. All other graduates will be sent both an original to forward and a copy to keep for their records unless otherwise specified by the registration body.
All graduates: $110.00 AUD (effective 1 January 2016)
Please contact ASK LA TROBE if you have any queries regarding these fees, as some applications require only simple details to be provided.
The process for past graduates applying for International Registration is as follows:
- Forward the appropriate forms (obtained from either the registering authority or an agency) to Ask La Trobe or by mail to: Attention: College of SHE Student Administration PS1 building, Level 2 La Trobe University, VIC, 3086. Please also provide a current mailing address and your Student Identification number.
- Payment can be made by Credit Card (Mastercard or Visa only), Cheque or Money Order. For Credit Card Payments (Melbourne) via La Trobe University ePayments. Cheques or Money orders should be made payable to La Trobe University and sent to: Attention: College of SHE Student Administration PS1 building, Level 2 La Trobe University, VIC, 3086. Please note that applications will not be processed until payment is received.
- Upon receipt of both the appropriate forms and payments, the College will commence the process of completing the associated paperwork and will put together a package. The package will consist of the completed forms provided by the applicant, an official transcript provided by the university and any other information required on the Colleges clinical and theoretical programs.
- Receipts for payments made by Cheque or Money Order are sent with completed applications back to the student's provided mailing address.
Process for completed paperwork
Nursing & Midwifery
The originals will be sent to the registering authority via International Courier and a copy will be sent to the applicant at the address supplied (including a receipt for any payment made by Cheque or Mondey Order). A second copy will be kept on file at the College.
All other graduates
The associated forms, along with any other relevant information (plus one copy) are sent to the mailing address you have supplied (including a receipt for any payments made by Cheque or Money Order).
Please be aware that this process will normally take 4-6 weeks, depending on the number of applications being received and the workload at the time the request is made. Applicants are strongly advised to submit their request as early as possible.
How to register
- In-person at Ask La Trobe - Library Ground Floor, Melbourne Campus or Heyward Library, Bendigo Campus or Student Administration Albury-Wodonga Campus
- Online at ASK La Trobe Online.
You can contact us at:
- 1300 LA TROBE (1300 528 762) (Monday-Friday: 8.30am - 5.30pm)
- Enquire Online: ASK La Trobe.