Tasks to do
Go the Course subjects page – you’ll find a list of first-year subjects for enrolment.
Use the information in the Course structure documents to view the discipline subject specialisations and start making decisions – talk to lecturers at Orientation to get help.
Refer to your specific Course information regarding course start dates, guidance for subject specialisations and links to further information for starting your degree.
Complete the task on this checklist:
- Order your Student ID card – this enables you to use University systems.
- Set up your email account and ensure you can access it on all your digital devices (including phone) and/or forwarded to your most used email address. We only respond to correspondence from your official La Trobe University email.
- Download the Lost on Campus App
- Plan your Orientation – lecturers will be available at both the Welcome BBQ and Orientation for discussion about specialisations.
- Complete the Wominjeka and Academic Integrity Modules (AIM).
- Explore the Study Tools
- Apply for or update a Working With Children Check (WWCC).
Academic Integrity and Wominjeka La Trobe Modules
- Academic Integrity Module (AIM): For undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Wominjeka (Welcome to La Trobe): For all undergraduate students.
For more information about these modules see the Academic Integrity and Wominjeka La Trobe Modules webpage.
Get ready for your Professional Experience and Community Projects
You must complete a Working with Children Check before starting a school placement. We strongly recommend that you start the application process now to prepare for placement and other opportunities within your course.
Apply for a Working with Children Check (WWCC)
To apply for a Working with Children Check, you need to:
Step 1: Log on to the Working with Children Check website (external)
Step 2: Fill in the application form online. Use codes 44 & 46 for government and non-government schools. List La Trobe University in your application as one of your employers.
College of Arts, Social Sciences & Commerce (ASSC)
Professional Experience Office - ASSC Placement Operations
Cnr. Kingsbury Drive & Plenty Road
La Trobe University
T: 03 9479 5904.
Step 3: Print the 2-page Volunteer Application Summary Report.
Step 4: Get a passport-size photograph of yourself.
Step 5: Supply proof of identity documents (100 points) and lodge your application at a participating Australia Post retail outlet.
Update a Working With Children Check (WWCC)
If you already have a Working with Children card, you will still need to go to the Working with Children Check website to add La Trobe University, College of Arts, Social Sciences & Commerce as one of your employers under “volunteer” organisation. Update your details via the Working with Children Check website (external).
Once you receive your card in the mail, please upload a copy of the card (front only) into InPlace, the University's placement management system. Upload the copy under the Notes/Doc tab within your student profile.
Once this has been completed, you will also need to acknowledge this on the front page/student detail page in Inplace. Go “Please confirm WWCC card Uploaded or Application Reference No” field and select Yes.
Further information about InPlace will be provided when you start your degree.