Melbourne (Bundoora) December ceremonies
Melbourne (Bundoora) December Graduations 2020
Tuesday 15 December - Friday 18 December
Please check back soon for Melbourne December 2020 ceremony disciplines.
Important information about December graduation ceremonies
Register for your graduation ceremony as soon as you can – ceremonies will reach capacity
December graduation ceremonies will reach capacity - register as soon as possible to avoid missing out! This means you must register before your results are released.
Complimentary guest tickets
Make sure you add your two complimentary guest tickets to your basket when completing your registration. We are expecting to reach full attendance capacity so it is unlikely that additional unallocated guest tickets will be available. However, your ceremony will be streamed live online so your friends and family can see you cross the stage from wherever they may be.
For more detailed information on additional guest tickets, visit the ASK La Trobe website.
You must register for your ceremony before results are released to secure your spot at graduation. Be assured that if your eligibility changes due to your results, you will automatically receive a full refund.
Ineligible courses for December graduations
There are a number of courses that due to their requirements have been deemed ineligible for the December graduation ceremonies. Semester 2, 2020 results for these courses won’t be finalised until after the cut-off date for the graduation registration. This is typical for courses with clinical / work placements, internships, assessments outside of the standard teaching period, withheld marks or special examinations.
If Semester 2, 2020 is your last semester and your course appears on the ineligible course list for December graduations below, we’ll send you an invitation to attend the next round of graduation ceremonies once you have officially completed your course.
AHPRA registration and ineligible courses for December graduation
You can apply for AHPRA registration if you’re due to complete your studies this year but your course is ineligible for the December 2019 graduation ceremonies. For more detailed information, visit the website.
Regional and Sydney students
Due to limited ceremonies, only Melbourne based and online students will be invited to attend December graduations. Regional and Sydney students will be invited to attend a ceremony at their local campus in 2020.
Union Hall, Bundoora
Your three graduation options:
- Regularly check your La Trobe student email for updates.
- Check that your contact details are correct in StudentOnLine.
- Clear any overdue fees or debts with the University (check your statement of account and sanctions in StudentOnLine).
Note: If you do not choose one of the above options, you will automatically graduate in absentia. Graduating in absentia means you will not have the option to attend a ceremony, and you will need to request your testamur online after your original ceremony has concluded.
Before the ceremony
Once you have received your Graduation Invitation email:
- Make a note of your ceremony date and time
- Check your award title and formal name is listed correctly as this is what will appear on your testamur. If incorrect, you may update your personal details.
- Complete the registration process via Reed’s website, ensuring that you:
- Enter your name pronunciation
- Pay your registration fee. The fee is $220 for non-PhD and $235 for PhD students (GST inclusive).
- Reserve your guest tickets
- Clear any outstanding fees or debts with the university.
- Check your student inbox regularly for graduation updates
- Print out your registration ticket and your guests’ tickets to take with you to graduation
Unallocated guest tickets - additional guest tickets (greater than the initial allocation) may be available once registrations have closed. We will notify graduands via email after the registration period if any unallocated guest tickets are available. Unallocated guest tickets are given on a first-come, first-served basis and there is no guarantee that they will be available for every ceremony.
On the day of your graduation
- Dress in business attire as if you’re attending a job interview. Cocktail dress is also suitable.
- Arrival time
- 9.30 am, morning ceremony:
Graduands are to arrive at Union Hall from 7.30 am to be gowned. Graduands must be on-site by no later than 8.30 am to allow adequate time before the ceremony. Please allow time for parking or public transport so that you aren't delayed on the way.
- 1.30 pm, afternoon ceremony:
Graduands are to arrive at Union Hall for gowning from 11.30 am. Graduands must be on-site by no later than 12.30 pm to allow adequate time before the ceremony. Please allow time for parking or public transport so that you aren't delayed on the way.
- 5.30 pm evening ceremony:
Graduands are to arrive at Union Hall for gowning from 3.30 pm. Graduands must be on-site by no later than 12.30 pm to allow adequate time before the ceremony. Please allow time for parking or public transport so that you aren't delayed on the way.
- 9.30 am, morning ceremony:
- Upon arrival, proceed to Gown Collection where the Reed team will help you dress in your regalia.
- Both guests and graduands must have tickets ready to scan to enter the theatre where the ceremony will take place.
- Doors to the theatre will open for guests and graduands 40 minutes before the ceremony. Present your seat number ticket (handed to you at gown collection) to the theatre ushers who will show you to your designated seat.
Please note: guests will be seated in a different section to graduands. Guest seating is unallocated so be sure your guests arrive early to secure their desired row.
- The ceremony will run for approximately 90 minutes and will include the academic procession, the occasional address, and the presentation of graduands.
- When your name is announced, you will walk across the stage to accept your testamur where the Reed event photographer will take a photo of you receiving your testamur, which you will have the option to purchase after the ceremony. A stage-etiquette briefing will be given to all seated graduands approximately 10-15 minutes before the ceremony.
- Refreshments will be served after the ceremony in the Eagle Bistro.
- Once you have had the opportunity to enjoy the celebrations and have your photos taken, you can return your gown at the designated Gown Return room.
Reed Graduations provides the following services on the day:
- Studio photography
- On-stage graduate photography
- Graduation frames and plaques
- Graduation rings
- Flowers and graduation giftware, including teddy bears and other mementoes
Contact Reed Graduations [External]
Live web streaming of your ceremony will be available for friends and family unable to attend. The video will also be available online after your ceremony for re-watching later.
If you or any of your guests need special assistance at the graduation ceremony (e.g. wheelchair or limited mobility access, visually impaired or hearing impaired assistance), please let us know via ASK a Question.
The nearest carpark to Union Hall is Carpark 3. The university has a range of payment options including ticketless, which means you don’t need to display a ticket.