Volunteer to be a team manager
The Team Manager and Coach play an integral role in the coordination of each sport team for UniSport Nationals.
To apply for a Team Manager or Coach position, please read the Position Description and complete the nomination form below.
- Team Manager Position Description [PDF 150 KB]
- Team Manager Nomination Form [PDF 115 KB]
- Coach Position Description & Nomination Form [157 KB]
Please return completed Team Manager and Coach nomination forms to Emily Harbrow, La Trobe Sport Representative Sport Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
La Trobe Sport seek to appoint Team Managers with the following qualities:
- Ability to work as part of a large team, take direction and work individually where required.
- Is committed to the values of La Trobe Sport, abides to the Code of Conduct and to providing students with a positive UniSport Nationals experience.
- Ability to work with people from different backgrounds, be approachable and can communicate effectively with students, staff and event management.
- Ability to solve problems and seek assistance when appropriate, demonstrate leadership and initiative, be resourceful and drive the team to a positive outcome.
Skills and Experience
Whilst is it not essential that applicants have previous experience in managing sports teams, it is desirable that applicants can demonstrate the following:
- A basic knowledge of the sport, the skills required, and an understanding of the rules.
- Is a member of the relevant Sports Club or has had some sports administration skills and experience.
Benefits of being a Team Manager
- An opportunity to develop a range of skills in planning, coordination, problem solving, fundraising and team management.
- Exposure to event management and basic risk management procedures.
- An opportunity to develop effective leadership skills, working in conjunction with La Trobe Sport staff.
- Additional training and professional development opportunities for sport leaders within La Trobe Sport.
- Recognition of contribution to La Trobe Uni Nationals team in the form of a written reference upon request.
Contact La Trobe Sport Representative Sport Coordinator Emily Harbrow (email@example.com) to discuss your interest and submission.