Terms and conditions
- Membership Agreements are an agreement between you and the La Trobe University Sports Centre ABN: 64804735113 and includes all of the Terms and Conditions listed below. Please ensure you read these carefully, once understood, sign your acceptance to these as they form the governance of our membership agreement.
- Termination of Membership Agreement by you must be in writing and can only occur under the following circumstance;
- You may terminate your membership within 7 days of the join date should you feel the club doesn’t meet your expectations or your circumstances have changed, this forms your cooling off period. During this time you are entitled to a full refund minus any visitations/services used that you made in the cooling off period. Each of these sessions will be charged at the advertised non-member casual rate. You must return any property owned by La Trobe University Sports Centre. After this period all membership passes, casual visits and complimentary vouchers are non transferable, non refundable and non redeemable.
- Membership suspensions are available on all fixed term passes. A minimum suspension period of 2 weeks is required and a maximum suspension period of 12 months allowable. A $5 processing fee applies.
- $15 court use membership is valid from February 1 – January 31. This must be purchased by each individual wishing to play table tennis or free basketball unless the individual has a court booking or holds a current gym, pool or gold pass.
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied and actively supervised by a responsible adult when using the Sport Centre.
- Senior discounts are available to all those who hold a valid Pension or Senior card.
- Patrons under 16 years of age who wish to use the gymnasium must obtain permission from the Sports Manager.
- Any persons under the age of 18 will require a parent or guardians consent in becoming a member of the Sports Centre and will be liable for their obligations in these terms.
- Hours of operation may vary due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Membership holders may use lockers in the change rooms during their visit. Lockers are free of charge for the first 2 hours for membership holders.
- Each visit, members must report and register to reception on entering the Sports Centre and present their membership card prior to entering the facilities.
Safety to you and others
- Patrons who have been inactive for 12 months or more, or are over 35 years of age should seek medical clearance from their General Practitioner prior to commencing any physical activity.
- In the interest of patrons’ safety and enjoyment, management will not tolerate unruly or disruptive behaviour. Such behaviour may result in ejection from the centre, suspension, or termination of membership.
- Please observe all rules, signs, staff instructions and codes of conduct within the centre.
- Appropriate training attire and footwear must be worn at all times.
- All gym users must carry and use a towel.
- For security purposes your photo may be taken and stored.
- Under no circumstances are patrons allowed to use electronic devices for recording or capturing images.
- Security surveillance is recorded throughout the Sports Centre.
- At no time is a member to enter the Sports Centre under the influence of alcohol, illicit drugs and/or medications that states strenuous activity to be avoided on its warning label.
- At all times members must respect the property of the Sports Centre and of others and will be liable for any damaged caused.
- For our Child Safety Policy please visit www.latrobe.edu.au/statements/child-safety
La Trobe University Sports Centre respects the privacy of your personal information. We collect personal information as part of the registration process for services offered at the Sports Centre. If your personal information is not provided to us then you may not be able to register/participate in services offered by this Centre. You may have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you subject to any exceptions in relevant laws, by contacting us via email@example.com