How to apply

Placement Requirements

All students must apply for SHE3FRW using the application form below. This approval process is separate from the enrolment process.

Whether you are sourcing your own placement organisation or seeking one of the university-advertised placements, you will first need to apply for SHE3FRW using the web-form below. Applications must be approved by the Subject Coordinator before you can enrol in Future Ready For Work.

If applying with a self-sourced placement, you will need to:
  1. Speak with the organisation that you have identified
  2. Confirm with them that they can host you on placement
  3. Discuss the placement project, planned dates and compliance needs with the organisation
  4. Use the online application form (below) to advise us of these details
  5. Wait for us to contact your proposed placement organisation and to approve your application
If applying for a university-advertised placement, you will need to:
  1. Read the placement position descriptions as advertised on the SHE3FRW website
  2. Prepare a cover letter for your chosen placement
  3. Use the online application form (below) to formally apply, uploading your curriculum vitae and cover letter
  4. Wait for us to review your application and advise you of the next steps
If applying for a regional placement as part of the Regional Promise, you will need to:
  1. Use the online application form (below) to advise us of your campus (Bendigo, Albury-Wodonga or Shepparton)
  2. Advise us of your discipline area and how far you will be able to travel for a placement
  3. Wait for us to contact you so that we can assist you in finding a placement

Compliance Requirements

Your potential workplace may require you to have certain documentation, checks or certificates. For example, you may need to apply for one (or more) of the following:

  • Police Check
  • Working With Children Check
  • First Aid/CPR certification
  • Immunisations

How will I know what documentation I need?

  • If you are sourcing your own placement, you will need to ask your potential workplace if they have any special requirements. It is best to ask this question when you initially make contact to discuss a potential placement for SHE3FRW.
  • If you are applying for an Advertised Placement, please refer to the position description for compliance requirements.


If your workplace does require specific documentation, you will not be able to start your placement until you have been issued with the required documentation.

It can take several weeks for your documentation such as Police or Working With Children Checks to be processed and issued. To make sure that you are able to start your placement as planned, we strongly recommend getting your documentation in order as soon as possible.

Apply now