How to apply
All students must apply for SHE3FRW using the application form below. This approval process is separate from the enrolment process.
Applications must be approved by the Subject Coordinator before you can enrol in Future Ready For Work.
Your potential workplace may require you to have certain checks, documentation or certificates. For example, you may need to apply for one (or more) of the following:
- Police Check
- Working With Children Check
- First Aid/CPR certification
You cannot start placement until any required checks are completed. Allow 4-6 weeks for checks to be completed.
|If applying with a self-sourced placement, you will need to:|
- Speak with the organisation that you have identified
- Confirm with them that they can host you on placement.
- Discuss the placement project, planned dates and compliance needs with the organisation. Make sure you discuss whether your placement can be done remotely (i.e. working from home) if Victoria returns to stricter lockdown conditions. Note that if you're placement can't be completed remotely, you may need to withdraw from the subject.
- Use the online application form (below) to advise us of these details. Tip: Look at this example of a completed application form [PDF, 540KB] early in the process, so you know exactly what sorts of information you're going to need to confirm when speaking with your proposed placement site.
- Wait for us to contact your proposed placement organisation and to approve your application
|If applying for a university-advertised placement, you will need to:|
- Read the placement position descriptions as advertised on the SHE3FRW website
- Prepare a cover letter for your chosen placement
- Use the online application form (below) to formally apply, uploading your curriculum vitae and cover letter
- Wait for us to review your application and advise you of the next steps