Participate in the study
To take part in the COMPARE study you need to meet some guidelines. Learn if COMPARE is the right study for you.
To take part in the COMPARE study, you must:
- be over 18 years of age
- have had your stroke/brain injury more than 6 months ago
- have aphasia
- have spoken English before your stroke/brain injury
- be able to manage going to the toilet
- be able to attend all study visits
- have a carer / close other who can attend study visits
You must not have:
- diagnosed cognitive deficits (problem with thinking or memory)
- severe apraxia of speech.
Other problems will need to be managed, such as:
- depression, anxiety or mental illness
- taking illegal drugs
- vision or hearing problems need to be managed for you to participate. For example: by wearing glasses or taking medication.
You will not be able to participate in other research programs or participate in any therapy not considered usual care for people with Aphasia. Examples of this therapy include alternative/herbals remedies and experimental procedures.