La Trobe Podiatry Clinic
The clinic’s purpose built facilities have 17 consulting rooms, one paediatric consultation room, an operating theatre, an orthoses laboratory, a plaster casting room and a 40-seat lecture room.
Our services are provided by students, under the close supervision of a registered podiatrist. We are the oldest and largest Podiatry School in Australia, currently training over one-third of Australia's podiatry students.*
As a teaching facility we offer heavily discounted fees, with no Medicare or private insurance rebates.
With later clinic hours on certain weekdays, it’s easy to book an appointment after work.
You do not require a doctor’s referral to attend the clinic and appointments can be made 24 hours in advance.
* Podiatry Board of Australia - Student Enrolment Data, July 2013We deliver high quality clinical podiatry services to the local community in Melbourne’s north, treating and managing a wide range of foot and ankle conditions.
Clinical podiatry services
Our primary foot care and specialist clinics provide quality care and attention for the whole family.
- Basic foot care and the treatment of callous, corn, warts and nail disorders
- Management of foot and ankle pain and deformities
- Biomechanical analysis
- Pre-made or custom orthotic therapy
- Sports injuries
- Diabetes management
- Tests to check blood supply and nerve function to the feet
- Skin and nail surgery
- Injection therapy
- Referral for x-ray and ultrasound imaging
- Footwear advice and education
- Fitting of surgical shoes and cam walkers
- Shockwave therapy (imaging is required prior to treatment being undertaken)
Our fees cover administrative costs and materials. As a teaching facility, you cannot claim a rebate through Medicare or private health insurance.
First consultation: $35
Ongoing consultations: $20
There is an additional fee for orthotic therapy and surgical procedures.
All La Trobe students and staff receive a free initial consultation on presentation of your student or staff card.
If you are a La Trobe alumnus, you are entitled to a 50% discount off the initial podiatry consultation.
Enquiries and appointments
Phone: (03) 9479 5831
Fax: (03) 9479 5036
Located in Plenty Road Bundoora, our clinic is easily accessed by car and public transport.
86 Tram Bundoora RMIT – Waterfront City Docklands, stop 60
Bus routes: 250, 350, 548, 550, and 551, La Trobe University Bus Terminus
Enter the north entrance of La Trobe University, at Kingsbury Drive. Drive through Car Park 9 and follow the road to the turnoff. You will see Health Sciences Clinic signs. Please arrive early for your appointment, get a free parking permit from reception and place it on your dashboard.
Clinic Appointment Times
Our clinic is open during University semesters
We are closed during December and January.
Monday: 9.30 am - 6.30 pm
Tuesday: 9.30 am - 3.30 pm
Wednesday: 9.30 am - 6.00 pm
Thursday: 5.00 - 6.30 pm
No doctors referral required and appointments can be made 24 hours in advance subject to availability.