The PSA Insurance Program in Dentistry for Rural Victoria Scholarship
No cash component to this scholarship
Who is it for?
Where is it available?
How is it paid?
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa
- be eligible and succeed in enrolling in the Bachelor of Health Sciences in Dentistry/Master of Dentistry course in 2018
- be prepared to live in accommodation provided by La Trobe and clinical placements accommodation for the duration of the course
- provide evidence of having to relocate from a rural, regional or metropolitan area of Victoria to study at La Trobe Bendigo
- not be in receipt of any other non-Goverment scholarship
- be attempting your first tertiary qualification
- provide evidence of financial disadvantage
- be able to demonstrate other criteria for educational disadvantage
- be able to demonstrate a commitment to practise dentistry upon completion of your course in a rural Victorian location (for a minimum of 2 years)
- be able to provide evidence of commitment to and involvement in local community
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- an application addressing the eligibility criteria
- an essay which details goals, career aspirations and commitment to dentistry
- a demonstrated commitment to practise Dentistry in a rural Victorian location (for a minimum of 2 years) following graduation
- written references testifying to current community and/or volunteer involvement
- evidence of financial and educational disadvantage as defined in eligibility criteria.
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship, please complete the application form and return by the closing date.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, email@example.com