The Peter J Fox Memorial Scholarship
Who is it for?
Where is it available?
Melbourne, Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Mildura, Shepparton
How is it paid?
$3000 per semester
Judith Fox has established this scholarship in memory of her son Peter Fox. Both Judith and Peter are graduates of La Trobe University. This scholarship aims to support an undergraduate student who has demonstrated financial disadvantage and whose academic course of study utilises core mathematics.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder
- be intending to enrol as a full-time student in an undergraduate Bachelor degree course in Semester 1 2019 and be intending to Major in mathematics
- be able to demonstrate financial need and/or
- be able to demonstrate educational disadvantage, including but not limited to:
- low SES
- refugee background
- regional, rural or remote background
- non-English speaking background
- disability/ongoing medical condition
- first in family to attend university
- other personal hardship
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- an application form which addresses the eligibility criteria
- personal statement outlining personal goals and ambitions and demonstrating financial need and/or educational disadvantage
- evidence of finanical need or disadvantage
- evidence of Year 12 mathematics results
- evidence of a maths major on your La Trobe Study Plan
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship, please complete the application form and return to the Scholarships Office by the closing date.
Please read the information for applicants, including tips on how to apply, scholarship eligibility criteria definitions and supporting documentation requirements before completing your application.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, firstname.lastname@example.org