The Lucia Science Bursary
Who is it for?
3rd year undergraduates
Where is it available?
Melbourne, Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, City, Franklin Street, Mildura, Shepparton
This bursary is funded by Ms Anna Richtarik, who herself is both a graduate and a student at La Trobe University from the College of Science, Health and Engineering. She has Asperger's Syndrome and so knows first-hand the challenges of undertaking university study with a learning challenge or different abilities. Anna has established this bursary to recognise the efforts of others who are walking a similar path.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- be entering your third year of an undergraduate degree program in 2018 in either the School of Life Sciences, Molecular Sciences, or School of Psychological Sciences
- be enrolled full-time
- have a recognised and professionally verified learning disability (for example, Asperger's Syndrome or Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- be meeting all academic requirements for your program of study
- be able to demonstrate financial hardship
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- Severity and nature of educational disadvantage
- Academic progress (in the event that two or more applicants are otherwise ranked equally)
How to apply
The application form for 2018 will be made available when applications open.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, email@example.com