The Greg Ellis Memorial Award
Who is it for?
1st year undergraduates, 2nd year undergraduates, 3rd year undergraduates, Honours, 4th year undergraduates, 5th year undergraduates
Where is it available?
Bendigo, Melbourne, Albury-Wodonga, City, Franklin Street, Mildura, Shepparton
How is it paid?
One off payment
This award is funded by Ms Suzette Hartwell, who wishes to fund an award in honour of her late husband Greg Ellis. Greg undertook his BA and MA at La Trobe University on the Bendigo campus and taught across the disciplines of Business, Law, Taxation and Accounting at La Trobe for over a decade. The Greg Ellis Memorial Award is a fitting tribute to his life and work as a dedicated educator and member of the academic community and it is intended to make a significant difference to a deserving student.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa
- have a current undergraduate or postgraduate coursework enrolment in a business, finance, commerce or law degree program on any campus of La Trobe University
- Be studying full-time;
- Be maintaining satisfactory academic progress; and
- Be able to demonstrate educational disadvantage, including but not limited to:
- financial hardship
- significant caring responsibilities
- disability or medical condition
- refugee background
- relocation from a regional or remote location
- other hardship or disadvantage
- preference will be given to academically high achieving students
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- an application form which addresses the eligibility critiera
- a personal statement outlining personal goals and ambitions
- documentary evidence from appropriately qualified individuals or organisations to support your personal statement describing the nature and impact of your educational disadvantage
- approval by the Donor
Examples of documentary evidence are:
- a statement of support (which may include a statement from a medical practitioner)
- proof of financial disadvantage e.g. Centrelink benefit statement, ATO statements, recent pay slips.
Please note, a responsible person must provide a statement of support. A responsible person is someone who:
- is an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident who is 18 years or older and has known you for at least 12 months; and
- is not related to you by birth, marriage, de factor or same sex relationship; and
- does not live with you or reside at your residence and is in a position to comment knowledgeably about your situation without having to be briefed by you about the circumstances.
How to apply
To apply for this award, please click on the link below:
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, email@example.com