School of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences Ambassador Graduate Research Scholarship
Per annum, for three and a half years. Fee relief additional.
Who is it for?
Future PhD candidates, Australian Citizen, New Zealand Citizen, Permanent Resident
Where is it available?
How is it paid?
The scholarship is for PhD-level research based within the School of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences, which incorporates cutting edge research in fields of Engineering, Computer Science and Information Technology, and Mathematics and Statistics. Research in the school is aligned with the area of Digital Innovation and Transformation and recognises the importance of the full spectrum of research underpinning these directions, from the theoretical foundations through to end user outcomes.
Please note: this scholarship is open to Australian and New Zealand Citizens and Australian permanent residents only.
Benefits of the scholarship include:
- a La Trobe Research Scholarship for three and a half years, with a value of $28,597.00 per annum, to support your living costs (2021 rate)
- a fee-relief scholarship for up to four years
- relocation allowance and publication/thesis allowance (subject to approval)
- opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- meet the entrance requirements for the proposed course
- not be receiving another scholarship greater than 75 per cent of the stipend rate for the same purpose
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian Permanent Resident.
- will be enrolled full-time and undertaking their research at a La Trobe University campus
- have completed a Masters by Research or other significant body of research, such as an honours research thesis or lead authorship of a peer-reviewed publication, assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above
How to apply
- review details on how to apply for candidature
- contact firstname.lastname@example.org , with any enquiries or to express an interest in the project.
- when you have received in-principle agreement for supervision, complete and submit your application by 30 April 2021 for admission into La Trobe’s PhD program, indicating you wish to be considered for this scholarship on the application.
- Applicants will need to include a statement addressing their demonstrated interest and previous interactions with teaching, outreach and/or community engagement.
Who to contact for further information
Marcel Jackson, email@example.com