Up to $2400

Opening date

Closing date



Amount conditions

Students may only receive one grant per semester.

Who is it for?

1st year undergraduates, 2nd year undergraduates, 3rd year undergraduates, 4th year undergraduates, Honours, Future postgraduate coursework, Postgraduate coursework, Australian Citizen

Where is it available?

Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Mildura, Shepparton

How is it paid?

For eligible students with childcare responsibilities then two payments of up to $1200* ($2400 total) will be made. *The funding is pro-rata based on the student’s study load.


Rural Health Multidisciplinary Training Student Support Grants have been developed to assist students with the associated costs of study each semester when incurring childcare costs for children under the age of 16, where you are the legal Guardian and the child/ren is/are in your primary care..

There are two application rounds for grants each academic year. Students can apply twice a year but there are no guarantees that they will be successful for funding in both rounds.

Are you eligible to apply?

To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:

•Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa

•Be studying at one of the 4 regional La Trobe Campuses; Bendigo, Albury Wodonga, Shepparton and Mildura.

•Be studying a La Trobe Rural Health School course – Nursing, Allied Health or Pharmacy (Bendigo) or Psychology (Bendigo & Albury Wodonga)

•Have dependent child/ren, under the age of 16. You must be able to provide evidence ie. Birth Certificate and Registered childcare provider costs or other associated school fees.

Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:

If the number of eligible applicants exceeds the number of scholarships available, preference will be given to individuals who do not hold an ongoing La Trobe Scholarship, and individuals with the greatest need (e.g. more children, greater travel demands, higher ASGC-RA rating).

Recipient obligations

Recipients will submit the required paperwork to the UDRH as requested within the application form, and will provide consent for longitudinal tracking for up to 5 years after the recipient completes their studies.

How to apply

Applications have now closed.

Who to contact for further information

University Department of Rural Health,